Developer Community Coordinator
As the Developer Community Coordinator, you are responsible for supporting our developer community program to engage the engineer and developer communities in authentic ways, ultimately growing New Relic’s exposure. You’ll work cross-functionally with different teams and ensure that our presence on external developer community channels—Reddit, Stack Overflow, Dev.to, GitHub, Hacker News, developer newsletters and others—are aligned to New Relic's brand.
You are the biggest supporting link between our business and our followers. Ultimately, you’ll help generate fun, authentic, and engaging developer experiences among engineers and developers! You will report to our Manager, Social Media.
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Listen to and engage with the broader engineer and developer communities via external community channels
- Support strategy development and execution to effectively communicate with the engineer and developer community
- Bring engaging, high-quality, and on-brand developer content activated at the right time, and on the right channels
- Focus on engagement by using creative thinking and ideas, as well as alignment to our brand
- Partner with Developer Relations, Public Relations, Product Marketing, Events, Technical, and other internal teams to execute on coordinated marketing plans and adapt them for developer community-native experiences that engage and delight our core audiences with measurable goals
- Monitor chatter for relevant conversations around the brand and flag to the appropriate teams, incorporating a strong bias towards engagement but also know when to pull back
- Support the day-to-day workflow of content needs for a developer content calendar, adjusting copy and tactics for regions and various brand activations
- Coordinate daily coverage for follow-the-sun support and moderation, with efficient conducive responses sourced across the organization
- Use evidence-based analysis of strategies and tactics as it supports business objectives
- 2+ years of marketing or developer community marketing experience
- Outstanding collaboration and communicative skills, with demonstrated confidence to engage not only with your team and stakeholders across the company, but with customers and leaders with vision online
- Exceptional attention to detail, exemplifying outstanding grammar, language, and copywriting skills
- You’re a specialist at cross-functional project management
- You are a strong self-starter, steady teammate, and driven project leader bringing a fun and upbeat approach and demeanor with willingness to engage
- Ability to forge alliances with internal partners to deeply understand the business and technology strategy
- Can take suggested copy and run with it, infusing the voice of the brand along with a personal and human touch
- You are innovative and always looking for ways to take your programs to the next level
- You are collaborative and take great pride in the quality, precision, and measurable results of your team
- Insightful, seeing both “map and territory,” shifting seamlessly between critical thinking and tactical execution
- Experience managing and building developer communities for a B2B tech brand
- Experience using Sprinklr, Reddit, GitHub, and Stack Overflow preferred
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.