Technical Writer - Data Model
As a Technical Writer (Data Model) at New Relic, your words will bring life and personality to our products. Your writing will help our users achieve their aims more easily and love our products even more. We're looking for a highly technical person who loves docs: That could be a tech writer, but if you're a developer, QA engineer, or support engineer who believes docs are critical to the user experience, let's talk.
Great writing is essential to an exceptional experience. So if you have a passion for great customer experiences, a desire to contribute to technology the world will rely on, and an uncanny ability to make complex tasks crystal clear, we want to hear from you. Help us help our customers to move confidently with the speed they need in the digital age.
This is a thrilling time to join New Relic. Many of the world’s largest, most exciting companies have digital experiences at their core. They rely on us for data and insights to build and operate their modern, digital businesses. We have the data and world-spanning customer base to do amazing things. Join us and help us write the next chapter.
What You’ll Do
- Empathize with our users and build relationships with our people. You’ll partner with experts across our business to understand our customers, their needs, and how our technology helps them solve their problems and achieve their aims.
- Think strategically. You’ll see the value in our products, not just the features, and be able to help our customers maximize that value as effortlessly as possible.
- Clarify complexity. You’ll turn technobabble into language anyone can understand, bring order out of chaos with a solid understanding of information hierarchies and content strategy, and love digging into technologies from APIs to performance analytics agents.
- Write brilliantly. You’ll turn insights into just the right words to set our users up for success. You’ll make our ideas sparkle and our tools indispensable.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment. You love getting things done and doing them well, whether you’re working alone or collaborating with a team. You take pride in your work and hold everything you do to high standards.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical role at an agile software company. You understand how modern software apps are built, and how great API doc helps builders move faster.
- An authority at organizing information in an easy-to-understand hierarchy who can transform the most complex ideas into simple ones.
- A strong opinion about the Oxford comma.
- Know how software developers think and communicate, our products are built by software developers for software developers. The closer your experience is to being a developer yourself, the better.
- Experience writing detailed API documentation for a business-to-business software company, and a point of view about what makes great API doc.
- Ability to juggle multiple areas of focus - We’re a small team that covers all public-facing documentation on a wide variety of technologies. You need to love switching contexts rapidly and from project to project.
- Great technical writing skills - You cut quickly through jargon and create great content so everyone in our international customer base understands us fast.
- Enthusiasm for cross-functional collaboration with people in all ranks, teams, and disciplines across the company.
Nice to Have:
- 1+ years of experience as a technical writer. We're looking for a highly technical person who loves docs: That could be a tech writer, but if you're a developer, QA engineer, or support engineer who knows APs and believes docs are critical to the user experience, come talk to us.
- Experience with Swagger, HTML, or ApiDoc is a plus.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.