Technical Support Engineer, Infrastructure
As a New Relic Support Engineer you know more about our products than any other function, and you feel a sense of pride and happiness helping customers through their never-seen-before technical issues. We are serious about keeping our skills sharp, so we can provide extraordinary assistance in a constantly evolving technical landscape. We emphasize training, knowledge, collaboration and customer empathy — your learning opportunities are vast!
You will collaborate with fellow Support Engineers to creatively and passionately tackle customer problems, while honing your technical skills. You will use your insight and inventiveness to help us identify recurring or systemic problems and suggest ways we might address them. You are committed to equity and inclusion, and eager to work with a team that cultivates and celebrates intersectional diversity.
What You’ll Do
- Support New Relic customers by solving complex installation, configuration, and data exploration requests.
- Increase your skill set through additional training and exposure to other programming languages featured in our product suite.
- Advocate for our customers to our Product Organization by providing feedback on feature requests and bugs to improve the customer experience.
- Contribute to both internal and customer-facing documentation and Knowledge Centered Support (KCS).
- 1-2 years experience delighting customers in a technical support role.
- Knowledgable in troubleshooting systems and network issues.
- Experience building, maintaining, and/or monitoring servers in an enterprise environment.
- You have some experience with Linux-based web hosting and Linux environments (services, permissions, and file manipulation).
- Familiar with AWS and containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Can demonstrate authoritative troubleshooting skills and can get creative when the answer is not obvious.
- You exhibit a high level of empathy—even with customers who are having a bad day.
- This opening is for a position working day shift hours, Mon-Fri. Working occasional weekend days or holidays may be required on an as-needed basis.
- You have worked in a DevOps environment or Software Engineering role
- You have experience as a Technical Support Engineer in Enterprise or SaaS companies
- Exposure to other IaaS platforms such as Azure, GCP, etc.
- You are AWS or Azure Cloud Certified.
- Experience working with observability tools like New Relic's platform as well as Logstash, Elastic, AWS Lambda, or Azure Functions.
- You have programmed in, or supported customers in, any of the following languages/frameworks: .NET, PHP, Ruby, Python, Node.js, GO.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.