Director, Technical Support
Please note that this position must be onsite in either our Atlanta, GA or Portland, OR offices - remote work is not an option.
We are looking for an experienced Senior-level Software Support Director – someone who will lead the customer experience and our growing team during this period of rapid growth. Reporting to the Vice President, Global Technical Support, you will have full accountability for the results of your Software Support Engineering teams, with high-level coordination and input to other customer experience partners including Product and Go To Market.
The Software Support Engineering team's primary purpose is to ensure the customer experience with the New Relic One platform is memorable, and builds loyalty to the product. You will need a long track record of successful support operations management in a fast-growth environment. You will need to rely on a myriad of experiences to innovate our path forward. You have seen the power of a positive culture and a commitment to excellence. You’ve made mistakes and learned from them.
To be successful in this role, the Director of Software Support Engineering must have the right combination of strategy, leadership, and operational skills to lead a team of dedicated Software Support Engineers.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure the structure and operations of Software Support Engineering teams meet current and future business needs
- Build and lead the front-line Software Support Engineering managers
- Deliver on business goals relating to employee and customer satisfaction
- Lead Support-related projects, programs and/or initiatives to successful outcomes
- Serve as a point of contact for customer issues; ensuring the appropriate resources are engaged for timely action and problem resolution
- Continue working to build an inclusive environment for all Software Support Engineers to do the best work of their careers
- Have 8+ years experience successfully running day-to-day operations and management personnel for highly responsive software support.
- Can articulate the importance of the customer experience and can bring others along on your journey for increasingly positive results, bridging the gap between business needs and technical details.
- Demonstrable communication, personnel management and coaching skills.
- Has the ability to gather, analyze and interpret data; and identify, define and solve problems.
- Have a commitment to supporting the growth and success of those who work for and around you – we measure managers by their contributions to the success of others and building positive culture.
- Prior senior leadership experience in a high tech, fast growth, SaaS corporate environment with a broad knowledge of software support functions and operations.
- Have experience collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of current software and DevOps industry trends.
Please also note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Interested? Send us:
- Your resume or CV
- A cover letter, telling us why you’re interested in this position and why you think we should work together
Atlanta - Opened in 2018 and located in the WeWork Space in Colony Square, near Piedmont Park and public transit, our East Coast HQ is home base for a passionate and tight-knight team focused on customer-facing roles. We proudly embody the outstanding, highly technical, and diverse talent that’s helping to spur tremendous growth in Atlanta’s tech sector.
Portland - In the center of downtown Portland, our office is situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.