Senior Product Designer
We love making products for software and ops engineers. We're incredibly enthusiastic about empowering our customers to answer their most important questions! We empower them to visualize, explore, and reason about the performance of their applications.
As a Senior UX Designer at New Relic, you will partner closely with designers, product managers, engineers and others to understand, design, construct, measure, and optimize our customer journeys. You are a creative problem-solver with a knack for taking on complexity and delivering clear, elegant design solutions. You believe the how and why are as crucial as the final deliverable, and you’re comfortable explaining your rationale to colleagues inside and outside of Design. Working as a designer in the complex usage and accounts space, you’ll help our customers understand the value of their investment in New Relic and help them get even more out of it.
What You’ll Do
Lead by example through an iterative design process
- Work thoughtfully and iteratively from ambiguity to action by using a solid user-centered design process
- Ensure your designs are based on a proven and balanced understanding of our users and business objectives
- Deliver sketches, wireframes, and high fidelity mockups that clearly communicate your design direction
Scale your design work through other teams
- Identify high impact systemic needs across multiple teams and address them by partnering with PMs, engineers, and other designers
- Use qualitative and quantitative data and your expertise in storytelling skills to influence business leaders, product leaders, designers, and strategic decisions across teams
Collaborate & set the bar high for designers
- Collaborate effectively every day with leaders and individual contributors in engineering, design, product, language, research, analytics, and more
- Be kind!
- 4+ years experience in UX or interaction design and user-centered research methods
- Deep understanding of how to integrate research, design, language, technical development, and business strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Expertise with modern design and prototyping tools; Sketch, Abstract, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Online portfolio of outstanding work showcasing your problem-solving skills and process in the digital space
- BA/BS in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, related field, or equivalent experience
- Comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality work consistently in an iterative manner
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.