Senior Payroll Analyst
Senior Payroll Analyst
San Francisco, CA
New Relic is seeking an experienced Senior Payroll Analyst to join and become a critical member of our Payroll team. This position will help ensure accurate and timely processing of our semimonthly US payroll using ADP
What you’ll do:
- Process semimonthly multi-state payroll utilizing ADP Workforce Now and Workday Integration for salary and hourly employees
- Process and audit one time and recurring payroll data including bonuses, commissions, leave of absence, time off, 401(k) and benefit deductions
- Promptly resolve any payroll related issues relating to employee inquiries
- Support the finance team with month end close process and GL reconciliations
- Assist in 401K audit, benefit and financial statement audits with payroll reporting
- Review payroll reports and ensure accurate and timely filing with appropriate governmental authorities
- Special projects as assigned
Who you are:
yearsexperience in full cycle payroll processing required
- Experience working with ADP Workforce with Workday HRIS integration (Workday Payroll is a plus)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (i.e reconciliations,
vlookupsand pivot tables)
- Experience with benefit calculations (LOA, benefit arrears and 401k)
- Knowledge of payroll tax compliance and payroll reporting
- Experience and Knowledge of hourly time card processing including knowledge of overtime and double time laws
- Excellent analytical,
problem solvingand prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal, written communications and customer service skills
- Experience a fast-growing public company strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred
At New Relic, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job
A little about us:
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. New Relic’s cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic at newrelic.com.
New Relic is a San Francisco Best Places to Work award winner, an Oregon “Top Workplace” award winner, named a leader in the Gartner’s 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 “Magic Quadrant” for APM companies, a Top 100 OnDemand Company, Best of SaaS (THINKStrategies), Top 100 Coolest Cloud Computing (CRN); 10 Cloud Management Companies to Watch (NetworkWorld) – the list of accolades goes on. More important than all of that: we provide challenging work, opportunities to learn,
We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc) -- all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up. We can help with relocation and are open to H1-B transfers.
New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note: Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.