Director, Marketing Operations
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Operations leader to play a substantial role in supporting our Chief Marketing Officer's organization. The primary focus of the role will be working with Marketing & GTM leaders to help build, develop, implement, and improve operational processes and systems that build efficiencies and alignment within our Marketing organization, GTM operations, and internal partners. Reporting to the VP of GTM Strategy, Planning, and Operations - you and your team will be responsible for collaborating with our Go-To-Market teams to build scalable systems of work that support strategic marketing goals and delivering thoughtful tactical execution, consistent governance and effective transformation.
- A builder. You have a passion for forming teams and improving business performance.
- Creative. You can see a problem from various perspectives. You love to experiment, solicit feedback, and learn from each iteration. You are aware of the latest trends and are always thinking about ways to innovate our work.
- Strategic problem-solver. You understand and are passionate about the business strategy and objectives, and can see opportunities for alignment with your own work and proposed projects and programs. Proactive and forward-thinking.
- Fiercely collaborative. You establish trusting relationships easily, take an organization-level view and are equally invested in the success of others. You invite and act on different points of view.
- Analytics focused, and understanding of the broader business context around them
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, socialize, and get consensus from leaders and marketing counterparts to drive operational needs and are seemless with our strategy
- Define, rollout and optimize new and existing operational processes for the marketing organization
- Drive alignment with GTM teams on appropriate metrics; Drive alignment on metric definition, methodology; Define and drive data governance (data quality and maintenance)
- Build and execute on holistic marketing data and analytics roadmap that supports the Marketing organization’s performance management needs, and is aligned with GTM and marketing strategy
- Lead and improve systems and technology tools that are necessary to driving business results
- Run technology stack vendor relationships, negotiations, renewals, and processes
- Partner with marketing to develop and deliver enablement that supports standard methodology usage of our tech stack
- Operational perfection in scaling out plans globally, often supporting multiple projects consecutively
- Define desired end state for top and middle of funnel business processes
- 10+ years of great experience with an Enterprise or SaaS software provider
- 5+ years of helping marketing operations
- 5+ years building and leading robust teams
- Hands-on experience in marketing automation systems (Marketo), CRM (Salesforce) and integrating those systems with other technologies
- Proven capability to lead, guide and/or handle change with executives across functions
- Validated ability to bring alignment, negotiate and guidance to partners, to drive projects to completion
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills focused to C-level executives and field teams in both one-on-one and group settings
- Shown experience designing processes that scale
- Experience in data management, compliance, governance, quality, and measurement
- Experience in reporting on marketing performance and providing visibility to marketers, business owners and executives
- Deep analytic skills, the ability to home in on key data, derive and communicate insights
- Ability to learn and adapt in a high-growth, dynamic environment
Nice to Have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business, Computer Science, or associated fields
- Relevant work experience with a professional IT services company or SaaS software provider in Operations, or go-to-market role is preferred. Understanding of SaaS go-to-market models, business metrics and growth standard methodologies is a plus.
- Experience in Application Performance Technology services is a plus
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.