Product Designer - Design System
At New Relic we build software that provides insightful observability tools to help companies to quickly seek, identify, and analyze performance issues in their software and infrastructure.
We're looking for an experienced Product Designer to join New Relic's Global Product Experience group and partner closely with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to satisfy the company’s ever increasing need for maintaining a growing, unified, and high end design system.
What You’ll Do
- Facilitate and evolve the look and feel of New Relic’s design language, its components, and design patterns.
- Document design guidelines and actively share knowledge on how to utilise the design system.
- Work closely with engineers throughout the implementation stage to ensure a high level of quality in the final compositions.
- Proactively pitch ideas and contribute to improve the processes and strategies of the Product Design team.
- Produce concepts and prototypes knowing when to deliver pixel-perfect solutions and when to make low fidelity sketches and prototypes.
- 3+ years of experience designing high quality interfaces, design systems, and SaaS B2B or B2B products.
- A strong understanding of interaction design, visual design, design patterns, and user experience standards.
- Portfolio showcasing your best work.
- Comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality work consistently in an iterative manner.
- Experience with design tools like Sketch and Abstract.
- Familiarity with prototyping tools such as Invision or Framer.
- Used to work with global collaborators across time zones.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.