Senior Business Process Manager
Senior Business Process Manager
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a Senior Business Systems Analysis Manager to work within our Go-to-Market Operations organization. In this role, you will be responsible for the business use of all sales and marketing systems for our global organization, lead ongoing enhancement projects, and own all business requirements for systems projects and programs. You will act as the key liaison between the Go-to-Market Executives and Operations teams, and our Business Applications staff who deploy systems changes.
Your focus will be to specialize in reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating business processes and user needs in order to create solutions that enable and optimize the overall business strategies. You will drive the creation of primarily conceptual/logical process models, as well as the supporting process ecosystem.
What You’ll Do
- Utilize past experience and knowledge of sales, marketing, and operations to recommend appropriate systems solutions to the business
- Evaluate tool and system requests to ensure they meet the needs of the Go-to-Market teams. Lead the intake & prioritization process and facilitate trade-off discussions to ensure our systems portfolio adequately supports the needs of the business and aligns with our growth strategy
- Lead the creation of all systems-related business requirements for Sales, Marketing, and Alliances & Channels projects and enhancements
- Engage with operational leadership and process owners to identify and design solutions/enhancements that achieve efficiencies, enable compliance, or support the scalability and growth of the company
- Represent the business strategy of Go-to-Market Operations in cross-departmental projects. Provide subject matter expertise on federated sales/marketing systems and process to other teams including Business Planning, Business Applications, Alliances & Channels, and Customer Success
- Articulate compelling qualitative and quantitative business cases for system enhancements using impact and ROI assessments while prioritizing the system roadmap
- Execute user acceptance test effort, data, and cases, and identify meaningful performance metrics
- Review systematic solutions designed by the Business Applications team to ensure it meets business needs
- 5+ years of experience in Sales Operations Systems Implementation/Management
- 2-4 years of experience in business process design and improvement
- Ability to interact effectively with high-visibility roles, functional peer groups, and business partners to gain commitment and stakeholder alignment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent presentation skills. Ability to lead cross-departmental meetings and executive briefings.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills with a strong ability to facilitate prioritization and trade-off discussions
- Expertise in systems thinking
- Demonstrable experience leading sales and marketing systems implementation, data and business process design
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise good judgment
- Demonstrated solid project management skills in working with teams to design, scope, and shepherd projects from inception to deployment
- Experience with Salesforce.com and MarketoSolid understanding of software development life cycle models in the Salesforce and non
- Salesforce ecosystem as well as expert knowledge of modern project management methodologies
- Experience with agile methodologies particularly SCRUM
- Experience with program/portfolio management toolsets (JIRA/Confluence/Smartsheet, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA or Masters degree preferred
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.