Manager, Deal Strategy and Monetisation
We are looking for a deal & pricing strategist to join our Deal Strategy team. As part of this role, you will be required to exercise advanced commercial acumen to make strategic go/no-go decisions on the company’s commercial deals, including the creation and alignment of commercial frameworks, custom pricing and leading of pricing improvement initiatives. In parallel, you will be utilizing pricing analytics for decision support and providing recommendations to the Product, Finance and Legal teams. Your work will drive executive decisions that are core to our long-term success.
This role will work closely with the Sales team to vet and formulate repeatable commercial frameworks to help New Relic negotiate more effective agreements for our Commercial accounts. This role will also have the opportunity to run the deal execution process, which requires collaborating with multiple functions such as Sales, Revenue Recognition, Finance, Legal, Product Management and Sales Ops to provide governance for non-standard deal approvals and supporting contractual terms.
What You'll Do
- Provide thought leadership to develop innovative and strategic deal structures to fit the needs of the business and our customers
- Advise and discuss competitive positioning with Sales, crafting strategies to address competition
- Lead non-standard Sales requests for pricing and drive approvals for legal and revenue recognition
- Create sales support materials to educate sales teams on best practices and standards for product pricing
- Balance closing deals quickly within internal controls, whilst protecting the lifetime value of accounts
- Develop standard methodologies for pricing, based on the improved use of data and market knowledge to support decisions
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of our customers and how they use New Relic products
- Extensive experience in pricing strategy or deal structuring role
- The Deal Strategy Manager must have a solid grasp on SAAS business models, contract terms, value based pricing, contract negotiation and navigating internal processes
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively to drive results
- Analytically outstanding and numerate with a high proficiency using MS Excel and other BI tools
- Strong business acumen with a “big picture” outlook
- Strong presentation and analytical skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Outstanding communicator including written, presentations, and analysis
- Executes with urgency (startup time)
- Must be a team player, who is diplomatic, savvy and has a high level of emotional maturity
- Understanding of software revenue recognition issues, including revenue recognition under 606 a plus
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Previous coaching & training experience preferred
- A related BS/BA degree with an advanced degree preferred
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.