Senior Director, Customer Experience and Advocacy
The Senior Director of Customer Experience and Advocacy is responsible for developing outstanding relationships with our customers in order to understand their stories, their business goals and their technology journey. This senior position will focus on putting customers front and center in all that New Relic does. You will have the opportunity to further build extraordinary programs ranging from the New Relic Executive Sponsorship Program, to the Customer Advisory Board, to the Executive Briefing Program and all aspects of customer advocacy. At the heart of this position is the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with organizations including the go-to-market, product, customer success, marketing and beyond. You will be our customers’ chief storyteller—both internally and externally. This position will report directly to our SVP Communications and Brand Marketing.
What You’ll Do
- As a passionate advocate for all things customer focused, you will be leading the programs that most matter to our customers, ranging from the executive sponsorships, to the customer advisory board, to the executive briefing center, to customer reference programs.
- You will deeply understand our customers’ journey and showcase the best of the best transformational customer stories from our 17,000 customers which include some of the largest companies, government agencies and not-for-profits in the world.
- The right candidate will develop strategies for meaningful interactions with customers to ensure their voices are showcased internally and externally through a variety of deliverables including: events, written, video and peer-to-peer customer stories, business case studies, all-hands and more.
- You are passionate about building relationships with customers and focus on putting them at the center of our marketing to highlight transformative stories that drive loyalty, community, inspiration and impact.
- You'll foster real connections with customers to ensure success throughout the relationship lifecycle. You'll find creative ways to partner with customers through customer campaigns, events, reference activities, customer stories, sales collateral, press events, digital content and importantly, advocacy.
- Bringing a data-driven mindset is critical to report out outcome metrics for strategic customer engagement, and foster and promote long-term, mutually beneficial customer relationships.
- The ideal candidate possesses strong team leadership skills, and knows how to build trust with leadership, go-to-market, product strategy, PR and marketing. You must be able to understand sophisticated customer needs and translate those into value for both the customer and New Relic.
- Minimum of 12- 15 years in Marketing and experience managing Customer Marketing and References programs.
- You are an expert in putting on memorable customer events and know a thing or two about hosting world-class meetings that customers remember and sign up to attend on a quarterly basis.
- Someone who is self-motivated, always looking for ways to take their programs to the next level, and a strong team leader who takes great pride in the quality, precision and measurable results of his/her team.
- It'll be critical to forge strong alliances with internal stakeholders across New Relic, so they have the customer success stories required to grow the business.
- Being able to work closely with sales executives and reps to ensure our customer advocacy events are in alignment with their needs and help to grow the business is paramount.
- Every day, you'll ensure your team is tracking towards goals and appropriately implementing new programs as well as set clear communication with each team member's priorities, coaching them through difficult scenarios or conversations along the way.
- You are very focused on building a customer story pipeline aligned to business, product and industry priorities.
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to manage, mentor, and develop a high-performing team.
- You have expert-level knowledge of B2B marketing, B2B SaaS sales cycles, and Customer Marketing best practices. Previous sales experience welcomed!
- You're extremely proactive in your communication and love cross-functional collaboration and program management.
- You've mastered the ability to assemble and interpret metrics, create executive summaries and deliver actionable business insights.
- You have a BA or BS degree; MBA a plus
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.