Senior Software Engineer - Information Security
New Relic's Information Security Team is rapidly evolving. We're continuing to leverage security automation and tooling that adds clarity and context to security data we share. In this role, you'll help improve the reliability of our internal tools, automate manual processes, and add new functionality.
Our team values character and practical experience over certifications, and we've proven that building relationships is far more effective at improving security than telling what engineers can and cannot do. A background in information security is not required for this role, but an interest is. Your background in application development and automation will make us more effective and transparent as we continue to grow..
Please note: including a cover letter related to this specific role will significantly increase your chances for consideration.
What You’ll Do
- Build new tools and interfaces that internal teams will use to make informed decisions,
- Improve the reliability and functionality of our current vulnerability management and security tools,
- Introduce automation that helps us better analyze and respond to security issues, and,
- Cultivate relationships with engineering and non-engineering teams to grow our collaborative security culture and drive security initiatives.
- 2 or more years of dedicated web development experience
- Strong proficiency in Python
- Experience with an application framework, such as Flask, Django, Rails, or Express
- A history of utilizing and managing DevOps tools and practices
- Capability to effectively communicate with and mentor individuals that possess varying levels of technical expertise
- Demonstrable ability to deliver maintainable code that is well-documented and provides good test coverage
- An understanding of infrastructure orchestration tools, such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or Ansible
- A working understanding of network security controls, authentication, and common security protocols
- Experience implementing and managing functions with AWS Lambda
- A strong commitment to improve processes via automation
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.