Manager, Engineering - Incident Intelligence Team
At New Relic, we love making software that improves the lives of people who make software. Our products help customers answer their most meaningful questions by allowing them to visualize, explore, and understand their ops, application, and customer data.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the fast-growing Incident Intelligence team. The team is responsible for developing innovative products as part of the New Relic observability platform ecosystem that enables DevOps, SRE, and on-call team members to automatically monitor applications, reduce noise in their production environment, correlate between different production incidents, and help manage the collective knowledge base of their team and organization.
What You'll Do
- You will manage an existing team of very technical engineers working on a complex distributed platform that enables innovative solutions for monitoring applications and systems
- Plan and execute software development projects within and across teams, being accountable for the execution, quality, and service reliability of the team
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the team members, holding regular career path conversations
- Foster an inclusive environment where everyone will thrive and grow
- Work closely with product management teams to influence priorities and align on the development roadmap
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience managing high-performing software engineering teams
- 6+ years of professional experience as an engineer/manager in the industry
- Consistent track record of delivering high-quality software in regular, iterative releases
- Experience with designing, developing and testing scalable distributed systems that support the usage of both Frontend and backend components
- Experience with maintaining software products throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Expertise in Python, Java, C#, Go or similar programming languages
- Experience with developing systems using concurrency and asynchronous programming frameworks
- Technical understanding of modern web development architecture and design patterns
- Experience working in teams that use CI/CD practices
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and Unix/Linux operating systems and commands
- Experience with AWS/GCP
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Monthly meals fund (10bis).
- Retirement fund and Keren Hishtalmut.
- Professional Development classes
- Office located in the center of Tel Aviv, very close to public transportation.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.