New Relic is looking for an engineer to join the Application Experience team. We are a small, agile team building a modern experience for New Relic’s flagship product: APM. Our product helps people create less frustrating software experiences for their customers. We do this by turning terabytes of performance data into useful interfaces and elegant visualizations.
What You’ll Do
- Build a UI for grouping components of modern systems
- Refresh our errors experience to make it easier for people to find problems.
- Rewrite and reimagine older experiences for more modern workflows.
- Support our existing product experience with small improvements and fixes.
- Work closely with product management, technical support, and our design team to make sure we’re building the right features to help our customers understand their digital business.
- Be flexible about swapping on-call rotations because we all care about enjoying our lives outside of work. We also have excellent management support for keeping the on-call rotation sane.
- Build and test continuously and ship to production multiple times a week.
- We are an Agile team that owns our features from concept to production.
- Iterate on our agile processes as a team.
- A strong desire to learn a major web or web service framework or middleware technology (Rails, Django, Node.js, etc). Our legacy app is Ruby on Rails.
- Been a part of a team and working collaboratively to solve problems.
- You are comfortable participating in an on-call rotation for features the team owns. Our team is infrequently paged, and it is a priority to keep it that way.
- Experience writing consistent, maintainable, and scalable code.
- The ability to plan and lead small to medium features.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Interested? Send us:
- Your resume or CV
- A cover letter, telling us why you’re interested in this position and why you think we should work together (optional)
- Your Github profile, or a link to code samples(optional)
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.