Senior SDET (Java Automation Engineer) - Open to Remote
Please note that visa sponsorship or relocation is not available for this position.
This is a remote-first (US-based) position, so you will be working out of your home office.
We're looking for an experienced Senior SDET with a passion for testing to join our Applied Intelligence product development group as a Software Engineer in Test. As an SDET you'll be embedded within our engineering team and will build a rich suite of functional tests that validate the behavior of our Alerting and Incident Management Lifecycle.
If you’re ready for this job, you’ll have a software engineering background and have worked with high-availability, high-scale, production systems. You are self-motivated, committed to quality and the thought of building automated test suites and tools for production systems excites you!
What You’ll Do
- Design, build and apply testing frameworks to power automation tests that verify our software is working correctly
- Work closely with your teammates to understand the user requirements, architecture, design & evolution of our systems to identify tests
- Design and build end-to-end automation tests that will help to validate the system-to-system migration
- Join the DevOps on-call rotation for your team when you are ready
- Design robust testing strategies and build these patterns into our products
- Look for repeated manual operations and find ways to automate them
- Work with Support and other Product teams to triage and solve problems
- Collaborate with other SDETs at New Relic on standard methodologies, tools & techniques.
This position is for New Relic Alerts, part of the New Relic AI Ops group. Our customers are busy DevOps, SRE, and on-call teams and our Products help them find, investigate, and resolve problems with their systems faster.
You'll maintain a work-life balance that enables you to thrive by using flex time-off, twelve weeks of paid parental leave, and our DataNerds4Good volunteer time off program
- 4+ years of experience writing automated test scripts for a Java environment with the ability to read java code
- 2+ years experience with backend testing of a distributed micro-services architecture
- Experience with build systems, CI/CD pipelines, and containers such as Docker.
- You are passionate about quality and care deeply about customer experience
- DevOps experience
- Ability to reason about time-series data
- Knowledge of databases (Postgres, MySQL) and query languages
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Groovy/Gradle/Spock, Kafka
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.