Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing
Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing, is assigned to the Vendor Management Office (VMO) under the Strategic Sourcing group supporting Engineering, Product, and Technology. This is a very exciting time to support our key business partners company-wide to take New Relic to a $1B company. S/he will provide internal client support, handle interaction between stakeholders and suppliers for strategic sourcing purchase requests, and contract management acting as the liaison to assigned lines of business through the VMO.
We need a cross-functional Strategic Sourcing Manager with the ability to see and link the pieces of the big picture together across functions to help our business grow and flourish. This role will be responsible for handling vendor relationships, negotiating strategic contracts, and leading New Relic technology spend.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will aid in developing vendor strategies focused on economic value, service levels, and organizational alignment. S/he will view vendors from a life cycle perspective with a focus on reduced cost, increased customer satisfaction, and greater business impact.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain business relationships with internal customers and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain positive business relationships with key stakeholders and budget owners and collaborate with internal customer/category groups in a personable, approachable manner.
- Run negotiations for Hardware, Software, Hosting, Services, SaaS, Data Center, Public Cloud, and Cloud Subscription type agreements.
- Negotiate contract pricing, terms and conditions, rebates, and performance levels fulfilling internal client business requirements.
- Work collaboratively and cohesively at senior levels within IT, Technology, Engineering, Infrastructure, and Finance departments to facilitate contract negotiations.
- Execute on all aspects of strategic sourcing within the organization from category strategy, opportunity assessment, contract/deal negotiation, RF(x), and supplier relationship development including performance, and risk management.
- Lead RF(x) creation/management, gathering business requirements, supplier communications, market research, data collection/analysis, contract management, contract redlining (pricing, T’s & C’s, SLAs, SOWs, MSAs, SaaS).
- Partner closely with the business in the development of supplier award scenarios and recommendations for evaluation/consideration promoting data driven decision-making.
- Support the business to accomplish key objectives including savings, avoidance, process efficiencies, supplier consolidation, risk reduction, improved transparency, and control of expenditures.
- Ensure optimal commercial terms to maximize value in savings and avoidance to run rate by facilitating accurate and favorable transactions.
- Negotiate collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders including Suppliers, Budget owners, Finance (FP&A), Accounting, Legal, InfoSec, Risk, and Privacy to ensure appropriate review, approvals and contractual documentation is in order to support compliance and due diligence.
- Identify and communicate process improvements to ensure best practices for strategic sourcing are followed across the company at a global scale.
- Develop and facilitate regular communication to ensure understanding of expectations.
- Support the development and enhancement of company-wide programs including spend/contract management, strategic sourcing engagement, negotiations, and vendor evaluation/selection.
- Perform category analysis and research to fully understand the marketplace to ensure contractual alignment with organizational needs.
- Lead workflows, processes, metrics, and reporting for strategic sourcing activities to Consistently maximize efficiencies.
- Present at an executive level and participate in management activities and meetings
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree business, information systems, or related field and 5-7 years of direct experience in a strategic sourcing management role.
- 5-7 years of managing strategic sourcing projects in indirect categories for Technology, Infrastructure, Product, Engineering, and IT.
- 5-7 years of specific experience sourcing/negotiating Public Cloud (AWS, MS Azure, IBM SoftLayer, Google Cloud Compute) and Data Center agreements.
- 5-7 years of experience negotiating commercial contracts, preparing and redlining in word, for software and hardware licenses, professional services agreements, statements of work, SaaS, Cloud Subscriptions, and amendments to existing contracts.
- 5 years of experience with procurement software (i.e. Coupa, NetSuite, Oracle iProcurement, and JIRA).
- Ability to build contract price modeling using a fact-based data driven approach in Excel to provide sourcing recommendations.
- Experience formulating methods to develop and analyze various category portfolios, including market price benchmarking and total cost ownership (TCO) analysis.
- Keen ability to proactively identify/propose cost reductions and continuous supplier performance improvement opportunities.
- Experience managing, mentoring, and growing a procurement/sourcing team.
- Experience providing internal/external customer support at a global scale.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain partnered supplier relationships.
- Must possess a high degree of organizational and administrative skill, and proactively
- manage strategic sourcing process.
- Ability to make sound decisions at an individual and team level.
- Mid to Advanced level use of Coupa, JIRA, and G-Suite preferred.
- Knowledge of the procurement/sourcing contract lifecycle, including RF(x) (RFI, RFQ, and RFP), vendor contract redlines process, and contract development.
- Advanced experience in understanding legal contracts structures for master service agreements, statements of work, and service level agreements.
- Experience in vendor pricing methodology such as rate cards, tiered pricing,
- cloud/hosted based offerings such as SaaS.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Advanced to Expert-level user of MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Acute attention to detail.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.