Undergraduate Business Applications Intern (Summer 2022) Open to Remote
Are you passionate about the intersection between business operations and technology? Would you love to learn how public companies operate their business at scale with software?
Our Business Applications team is looking for an intern to work on challenging and meaningful projects during the program with direct impact to our business operations.
During this internship, you'll have the opportunity to partner with technical & non-technical teams to drive projects and deliver the technical/functional requirements that support Business Applications’ strategic initiatives.
What You’ll Do
- Organize cross-functional groups with software engineers, administrators, program managers, business systems analysts, business stakeholders, and leadership to define and drive technical solutions
- Work with engineering teams to identify impediments and help facilitate course corrections
- Coordinate and manage dependencies between cross-functional teams
- Experience and learn core business systems analysis and Agile project management disciplines
- Learn how to ask critical questions that help define solutions
- Document requirements that can be translated into user stories and business requirements documents
- Manage a small-medium project from start to finish
- Lead Agile ceremonies for a dedicated scrum team
- Establish and foster relationships with team members across the organization
- Partner with your manager and mentor(s) for support and guidance
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program from an accredited university
- You have completed at least two years of an undergraduate program and plan on returning to your program after the internship
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills especially documentation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be a self-starter with a keen sense of curiosity and self-motivation
- Ability to effectively prioritize numerous tasks, projects, and deadlines and work independently
- Degree focus in Information Technology, Business, Business Systems, Computer Science
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Confluence, JIRA, Slack, Asana, Smartsheet, Trello, and Google Suite/Google Drive
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this internship. Note that we do not sponsor candidates for O-1, F-1, or J-1 visas, or candidates who require commencement of an H-1B "cap case" petition for future work authorization.
About Our Internship Program
We offer a paid 10-12 week internship program for students to join us on our journey to create a more perfect internet. During your internship, you’ll work on real-world projects that will make an impact on our business, and develop practical skills that you can apply throughout the rest of your career. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Participate in Executive leadership roundtables
- Work with a dedicated mentor through our formalized mentorship program
- Gain useful skills through professional development trainings
- Connect with your intern community through meetings, projects, and social events
- Learn about the company and our mission to instrument, measure and improve the internet
- Showcase your work via a final presentation to management
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.