DevOps Software Support Engineer
As a New Relic Support Engineer, you know more about our products than any other function and you feel a sense of pride and satisfaction in helping customers through their never-seen-before technical issues. We are serious about keeping our skills sharp so that we can provide outstanding assistance in a constantly evolving technical landscape. We emphasize training, knowledge and customer empathy — your learning opportunities will never end.
Are you ready to become our next Support Engineer passionate about today’s Infrastructure issues?
What You'll Do
You will collaborate with other Support Engineers to creatively and relentlessly solve customer problems while honing your technical skills. You will use your insight and imagination to help us identify recurring or systemic problems and suggest ways we might address them.
- Has a track record of providing superior end-user software support via email, phone, and social media
- Has experience with web technologies and cloud infrastructures: Web Servers (Windows or Linux), OS Distributions, network and systems troubleshooting tools, web development platforms, cloud hosting services like AWS, Azure, Google, etc.
- Has working knowledge of container management software such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.
- Understands the concept and use of automation/configuration management using tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet or an equivalent
- Is curious about software technology and can demonstrate adept troubleshooting skills
- Loves delighting people -- even customers who are having a bad day
- Wants to be an integral part of a world-class technical support organization
- Can get creative when the answer is not obvious
- Possesses a hunger for knowledge - always wants to learn more and do better (we are like that around here)
- Collaborates easily across teams or disciplines to solve problems
Please note, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Dublin office, in a vibrant tech community and a city with a great quality of life. We offer a fantastic work environment, competitive compensation, equity, and great benefits.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.