Sr. Manager, Security - Detection and Response team (Remote)
New Relic is searching for a Senior Manager to lead our growing Detection & Response Team. This role will report to the Director of Information Security and serve as a technical manager to our growing team of highly skilled and passionate security practitioners.
You’ll help grow and develop the Detection & Response program through effective communications, strategic planning, and business collaboration. In this opportunity, you'll help us to improve our ability to detect and quickly address security incidents across our multi-cloud product and enterprise environments. You'll also help build a model of continuous improvement to prevent adverse incidents proactively.
You’ll frequently interact with security leadership, Product Engineering, IT infrastructure, application security as well as compliance.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the monitoring and detection strategies for New Relic covering our product and internal enterprise services
- Coordinate and collaborate with our PSIRT (Product Security Incident Response Team) to define playbooks, action on security events/incidents as well as debrief and implement IR improvements
- Develop and lead a roadmap for automation and orchestration to help scale and mature our response activities
- Provide leadership and mentoring to our security engineers and program manager to help develop and advance our people professionally
- Build, develop and maintain healthy cross-organizational relationships to cultivate good security outcomes for our customers and for New Relic's business
New Relic is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels, tenures, and prior knowledge, and we’re building an environment that celebrates collaboration, and mentorship. Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success, which is why we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- 2+ years of team leadership experience including people management experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in areas such as Detection, Threat Hunting, or Incident Response
- Ability to summarize events and incidents effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences including executives, legal counsel, compliance partners, and other stakeholders
- A sophisticated understanding of attack scenarios that impact cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP) as well as PaaS and SaaS implementations
- Deep knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK and experience adopting this framework
- Served as a product owner in an organization with a robust Agile practice
- Successful experience working in a SaaS company
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.