Legal Counsel, Corporate
New Relic is looking for a corporate attorney, a confident self-starter who can prioritize and manage multiple corporate responsibilities and who enjoys working in a fast-paced and high-energy environment. Joining the New Relic Legal Team means that you will have the chance to make an immediate impact and have a voice that is heard and respected, while encouraged to grow in your abilities and curate your own career path.
What You’ll Do
- Work on a globally dispersed team within New Relic Legal primarily focus on corporate securities, ’34 Act work, corporate development, and M&A
- Collaborate with and support a wide variety of departments including finance, marketing, stock administration, and investor relations
- Handle and oversee the legal work involved in issuing the company’s earnings releases and SEC filings
- Manage the administration of New Relic’s global corporate subsidiaries
- Advise our stock administration team regarding Section 16 reporting and executive 10b5-1 trading plan compliance
- Assist in drafting and reviewing public disclosures and corporate communications
- Evaluate issues from legal and business perspectives with a practical, business-oriented approach to problem solving
- 3+ years of professional experience, which must include relevant time at a major law firm
- Extensive experience advising on SEC regulations, compliance, and corporate governance matters
- Excellent written, oral, and negotiation communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters
- Ability to work on your own and prioritize multiple, often competing deliverables while managing expectations meeting deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate effectively and gain trust and confidence with personnel at many different levels
- Ability to work as a team member of the legal department in a scalable, autonomous and accountable manner, demonstrating flexibility across matter types and time zones
- Prior in-house experience is a plus
- Prior experience with a software or other high tech company is desirable
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.