Lead Frontend Software Engineer
We are searching for a Lead Frontend Software Engineer with a strong interest in building great experiences for customers, working up and down the technology stack with an API-first approach, and strong leadership experience to provide guidance and direction to a subset area of New Relic’s experience as well as other engineers.
At New Relic, we provide our customers with real-time insights, so they can innovate faster. Our software delivers insightful observability tools across different technologies and distributed systems, enabling software engineering teams to quickly identify, understand, and seek issues, analyze performance, and get the most of their software and infrastructure.
If you love the scale and want to contribute to one of the largest and fastest-growing platforms in the world we’d love to hear from you! New Relic is looking for a hands-on, passionate, enthusiastic, and collaborative lead software engineers that act as a tech lead takes architectural decisions, communicates them to the stakeholders, and mentor and grow other engineers.
What You’ll Do
Actively drive continuous engineering excellence.
- Use your experience to drive the team’s technical roadmap.
- Engage with the team members and architects to discuss and implement service improvements and new development.
- Be frequently challenged with design and development problems.
- Ship incrementally and often, helping the team to maintain a constant flow of feedback on its work.
- Integrate yourself with designers and other UI engineers across the globe to learn from others and stay up to date on the company’s UI standard methodologies.
- Mentor other engineers on the team and beyond, and feel passionate about improving software by constant iteration with your team.
- Own your work from inception to operation and maintenance, including participating in team on-call rotations and support activities.
- Experience in a technical leadership role (at least 2+ years), driving technical decision-making within an engineering team/organization.
- Experience in mentorship and support for helping level-up the skills of colleagues.
- Experience building distributed systems and have a good understanding of scalability patterns.
- Strong experience with modern tools like React Hooks, Apollo GraphQL, and Storybook; Understanding of GraphQL APIs.
- Understand both how to write tests and the value of automated testing; experience with front-end JS testing tools and a comprehensive understanding of UI testing techniques
- Experience in shipping and desire to continue to develop production, 24x7, highly reliable, high-throughput services.
- You are not afraid of adapting, learning, and getting your hands dirty with different languages and frameworks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An understanding of the full stack that a complex modern application requires.
- You grow in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools, and methodologies.
- A collaborative work style that includes colleagues in important decisions and leads to improve the product sharing ownership.
- You are self-motivated, able to work both independently and as part of a distributed team, learn quickly, meet deadlines, and demonstrate creative problem-solving skills.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.