Technical Support Engineer - Java
Technical Support Engineer - Java
As a New Relic Support Engineer you know more about our products than any other function and you feel a sense of pride and satisfaction helping customers through their never-seen-before technical issues. We are serious about keeping our skills sharp so we can provide first class assistance in a constantly evolving technical landscape. We emphasize training, knowledge and customer empathy — your learning opportunities will never end.
You will collaborate with other Support Engineers to creatively and passionately solve customer problems, while honing your technical skills. You will use your insight and imagination to help us identify recurring or systemic problems and suggest ways we might address them.
Are you ready to become our next Java Support Engineer?
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate across teams to solve complex technical customer problems across the New Relic product suite.
- Work closely with our software engineering teams to resolve escalated customer issues.
- Support New Relic customers by resolving various installation, configuration, and data exploration requests.
- Be an advocate for our customers to our Product Organization by providing feedback on feature requests and bugs that could improve the customer experience of the New Relic platform.
- Advance your skill set through additional trainings and exposure to other programming languages featured in the APM product.
- 1-2 years experience handling support issues in a customer-facing role, or related experience
- Has deep knowledge of setting up Java Development environments
- Has experience supporting applications built in Java
- Can demonstrate expert troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrates a high level of empathy -- even with customers who are having a bad day
- Collaborates easily across teams or disciplines to solve problem
- Can get creative when the answer is not obvious
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- A working knowledge of Linux-based web hosting and Linux environments
- Experience as a Technical Support Engineer in Enterprise or SaaS companies
- AWS or Azure Cloud Certifications
- Experience in programming or supporting customers in any of the following computer languages: .NET, PHP, Python, Ruby, Node.js, GoLang.
- Experience with New Relic products
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Dublin office, in a vibrant tech community and a city with a great quality of life. We offer a fantastic work environment, competitive compensation, equity, and great benefits.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.