Senior Software Engineer - Anomaly Detection and Analysis (Remote)
At New Relic, we are on a journey to improve the way digital businesses analyze and understand their production software environment’s uptime, reliability and availability.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who cares about the incident response lifecycle through anomaly detection and root cause analysis; to join our Applied Intelligence product development group as a Senior Software Engineer.
If you’re ready for this job, you’ll have worked with high-availability, high-scale, production systems. You’ll have a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals along with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are energized by delivering customer value and developing high-quality software solutions!
What You’ll Do
- Prototype and drive new feature development and partner with internal users and engineering teams at New Relic for market validation
- Build new, and improve existing customer-facing UIs and APIs (internal and external) that interface with high-throughput data streaming systems, and computing and storage infrastructure
- Collaborate closely with product management, design and other engineers
- Develop and deploy your code to customers multiple times per day
- Be a part of a small team of engineers collectively accountable for the reliability and security of the team’s software
- Work with a DevOps approach - we build and maintain our own software, including taking turns being on-call, and tailoring our own on-call alert policies to prevent pager-fatigue
Maintain a work-life balance that enables you to thrive by using unlimited flex time-off, twelve weeks of paid parental leave, and our DataNerds4Good volunteer time off program!
- At least 3+ years of production-level experience in Java or other related backend technology
- Work independently and collaboratively on items to implement clean, consistent code solutions.
- Experience building and scaling production micro-services
- Experience building APIs a must, using GraphQL a plus
- Experience with databases, PostgreSQL, MySQL a plus
- Empathy for end-users - customer-focused
- Focus on cross-team collaboration and communication
- Focus on delivering well-rounded, tested, and detail-oriented code
- Experience having shipped production services
- Willingness to be on-call for the services the team owns
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our Office or Your Office
You will be working with engineers and leaders distributed throughout the world, concentrated around our major offices in Portland, San Francisco, Phoenix, Barcelona, and Tel Aviv. Our global headquarters for research and development is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in the thriving tech community of the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy multi-modal commute access and a plethora of good eats and exceptional coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.