Deal Desk Lead
We are looking for a highly motivated, results-oriented Deal Desk Lead! Join our Finance organization as a team player who has the ability to work across departments with disparate needs. If you excel at problem solving through critical analysis and are challenged by process review and continuous improvement - and you can do all this from our Atlanta office in Midtown - read on.
What You'll Do
- Lead a regional team of individuals by providing guidance on complex contract negotiations, approval escalations, and building cross-departmental relationships.
- Provide business insight, pricing and product knowledge, as well as analytical support to Sales, including customer interaction, for large, complex, non-standard transactions.
- Nurture and sustain strong working relationships with pivotal business partners (e/g Finance, Legal, Support, etc.) to help expedite the review and approval process.
- Understand the start-to-end processes to help facilitate all aspects of the role such as contract negotiations, contract signatures, order processing, and SFDC data management.
- Build and review a variety of order forms with differing levels of complexity for accuracy, while ensuring all required approvals, such as discounts and contractual terms, are obtained and clearly documented as well as being fully compliant with New Relic’s internal policies.
- Deliver ongoing education and training to ensure Sales’ understanding of and compliance with non-standard deal processes.
- Plan and coordinate all necessary training documents and presentation for new sales hires.
- Safeguard and manage data quality in SFDC for all proposed and closed quotes/deals.
- 5+ years Finance/Operations experience in a high-tech environment.
- Experience with Zuora and SalesForce CPQ.
- Demonstrated capability to build strong alliances with internal business units.
- Leadership and/or coaching qualities for direct team members
- Experience in data analysis, modeling and/or financial analysis.
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or a similar discipline required.
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.