Senior Product Operations Manager(Remote)
New Relic is looking for a talented strategy & operations dynamo to drive change and play a pivotal role in the refinement and execution of our business. You will work closely with senior leaders & engineers to establish process and communications to ensure that the correct structure, process, support and communication are in place so that our leaders deliver on company goals.
You are an eager learner, intellectually curious, with a passion for the software industry (especially SaaS, enterprise software). You are a strategic thinker, who is comfortable presenting and influencing at the executive level. You are a good listener who connects the dots and helps form solutions that meet the needs of the business. You are a great communicator who can anticipate the perspectives and concerns of a variety of audiences
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Drive programs and processes to help scale and grow the organization including New Relic company-wide initiatives.
- Work with leaders on change management and communication rollouts ensuring that all team members have the information they need to be successful.
- Establish the right amount of process to drive efficiency, alignment, and continuity in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Ensure business solutions and systems are flexible and scalable to meet the demands of the business
- Raise visibility, identify key risks, surface issues, track changes, drive tradeoff decisions, and create mitigation plans to ensure that leadership is aware and aligned.
- Partner with cross-organizational teams on initiatives to maximize alignment, drive collaboration, and facilitate communication.
- Represent product business requirements in key cross-departmental projects and initiatives.
- Craft high-impact, highly visible presentations and status reports that provide the context, narrative, data, transparency, and calls to action around the team’s strategy and deliverables.
- Present high-impact programs to senior-level management at VP and C-level.
- Contribute to quarterly business reviews and OKR measurement process.
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant work experience in program management preferably with a technology consulting company or SAAS software provider.
- 7 to10 years of successfully leading and delivering highly-visible strategic business initiatives in cross-functional work environments.
- Strong program management and the ability drive programs through ambiguity to execution.
- You have the ability to bring alignment, negotiate, influence, and drive projects to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships.
- Structured thinker with strong problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment. Experience in analytics a plus.
- Able to earn credibility with an executive audience, technical teams, and external parties.
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively to executives, management, and teams in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Strong ability to align business strategy with business process. Experience driving initiatives to refine and improve business processes.
- Ability to translate technology to tangible customer value.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a high-growth, dynamic environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (MBA desired)
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.