Lead Technical Support Engineer
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be a technical leader with specialty knowledge in Java/.net/php/python/ruby/nodejs/go/C agent-related and some of program language issues. As a key point-person for your team, you operate with an “I got this” mindset and own driving issue resolution within your area of expertise. You support the growth of others through tangible contributions in your specialty area(s) via training, mentoring, knowledge creation and teamwork on customer issues. You partner strategically as a “voice of the customer” advocate to ensure the delivery of excellent customer experiences throughout the customer lifecycle. Using a broad view, you balance customer happiness with business needs for the best outcomes!
What You’ll Do
- Act as a technical leader, mastering New Relic products and technical topics within New Relic agent while also maintaining a solid overall breadth of knowledge in order to help customers navigate and optimize the entire NR platform
- Put the customer experience first while resolving customer issues and meeting business goals (e.g. drive team workflow efficiencies, faster MTTR)
- Effectively lead internal projects, including Support-readiness initiatives
- Identify code breakpoints and work multi-functionally to ensure resolution
- Share knowledge through multiple mediums and channels to uplevel other Support Engineers
- Strategically engage with other departments, to effectively represent both Support and the “voice of the customer”
- You have a deep understanding of system operation, programming languages, application/infrastructure and computer science related knowledge, including experience with above
- You have experience with programming and infrastructure-related technologies
- Native level of Japanese communication (speaking/reading/writing)
- Intermediate level of English (reading/writing)
Nice to have:
- Development experience or knowledge of RUM(Mobile, Browser)
- Advanced level of English (speaking/reading/writing)
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.