Senior Cloud Engineer - Remote
New Relic’s Information Security Team is searching for a Senior Engineer who’s passionate about Cloud Security. In this role, you'll collaborate with diverse teams throughout the organization, guiding their adoption and improvement of security practices as we continue to scale our infrastructure and service growth in the cloud.
We've proven that building relationships and partnering with others allows us to do our best work. As such, our team values character and practical experience over certifications. Our infrastructure is also highly dynamic and rapidly evolving. Our ideal candidate can clearly demonstrate the skills of managing security in a complex AWS environment and is also driven to learn and grow.
In addition to our Portland office, the opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Perform regular cloud architecture reviews with engineering teams;
- Help engineering teams assess and improve security controls across our global cloud infrastructure;
- Coordinate and participate in penetration tests of our cloud services;
- Research security vulnerabilities and propose solutions for remediation or mitigation;
- Cultivate relationships with various teams to improve our security culture;
- Identify opportunities for cloud security automation, especially around logging and monitoring;
- Mentor colleagues in security and engineering teams.
- 2+ years of engineering experience in a multi-account, multi-region AWS environment;
- Proficiency in an AWS-compatible programming language, such as Python, Ruby, Java, or Go;
- Ability to write and troubleshoot Terraform or CloudFormation configurations;
- Some experience with Lambda functions (language agnostic);
- Practical understanding of EKS or other Kubernetes implementations in AWS;
- Ability to work with people with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Experience with GCP or Azure platforms;
- Experience implementing AWS Security Hub and related services;
- Capability to perform threat modeling and articulate findings to internal teams;
- Understanding of common exploitation techniques against AWS accounts;
- Familiarity with Pacu or similar frameworks;
- Any cloud certifications, especially security related.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.