Business Systems Analyst - Financial Systems
New Relic is looking for a Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to help our Business Applications team scale our financial software stack! The BSA will be focused on enabling and empowering teams to deliver on financial projects and solutions to support the continued success and expansion of our globe-spanning enterprise.
An ideal candidate should have a proven track record engaging with business functions, jumps with happiness when someone says “enterprise billing systems!”, and is passionate about the opportunity to be part of a high-performing team that is integral to project planning and development. They will bring a zeal for collecting requirements, business partner engagement, project management skills, and use case validation as well as being galvanized by driving multi-functional teams together to complete projects successfully. We’re looking for people who enjoy crafting solutions to solve problems rather than focusing on completing tasks as fast as possible.
What You’ll Do
- Act as a bridge between our BA and Finance teams to ensure the timely delivery of large and small projects, collaborating with teams of engineers, financial professionals, business intelligence experts and more!
- Build a deep understanding of partner uses cases to ensure and validate that the technical teams are driving towards the best solutions.
- Demonstrate technical & business analyst skills to build comprehensive requirement docs and project plans as well as validate execution
- Assist teams to estimate and decompose complex projects into manageable parts with delivery plans. Track progress against those plans and facilitate trade-off discussions on scope, schedule or resources.
- Maintain metrics that provide transparency to partners on program-level plans, progress and quality.
- 3+ years of applicable systems delivery experience in a scaled agile environment, preferably for a mid-sized to large company responsible for managing enterprise-level applications
- Experience with SaaS billing tools, ideally Zuora, Netsuite, Braintree, and Avalara
- Knowledge of forecasting and BI tools such as Anaplan, Periscope and Tableau
- Experience working with ERP platforms like NetSuite, Oracle or SAP
- Experience collecting requirements translating business requirements into technical requirements
- Recognizes the importance of continuous improvement and seeing opportunities to streamline/optimize current practices in order to shorten delivery schedules, improve quality, and/or increase performance
- Technical adaptability: can rapidly embrace new systems and software
- Analytical skills: ability to quickly understand different end user requirements, synthesize them, and build supporting documentation and recommendations.
- SQL and data analysis skills
- Direct Financial or Accounting experience
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.