Senior Director, Strategy & Operations
New Relic is looking for an experienced GTM Strategy & Operations leader to play a critical role in supporting our Chief Customer Officer and his organization. The primary focus of the role will be working with GTM leaders to drive operational excellence across our Customer Success, Professional Services, Renewals, and Enablement organizations. Additionally you will be responsible for leading a team responsible for the business’ ongoing operations, translating strategy into action through scalable execution, consistent governance and effective transformation.
You have a passion for improving business performance. You enjoy working with numbers, but also understand the broader business context around them. You have experience with enterprise software, SaaS, GTM functions and renewal business processes, and are committed to finding solutions that meet the needs of the business, drive alignment, productivity, and effectiveness.
This role offers an opportunity to impact the execution of our field teams and overall business success. We are also a “Best Place to Work” winner; so if you are ready to do your best work and have fun at the same time, click the link below!
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with leadership to define, develop, and execute on our GTM strategy. Includes both annual and long term planning for Customer Success, Professional Services, Renewals, and Enablement organizations
- Identify and prioritize areas for execution and operational improvement. Drive impactful process improvements and overall go-to-market strategy through the initiation of ideas, cross-functional alignment, and execution of change management.
- Establish operational cadence and rhythm around setting targets and tracking progress
- Build relationships across the organization to drive cross functional influence, specifically with GTM, Product Management and Engineering. Extend alignment across other organizations to amplify synergy, improve collaboration and reduce redundancy to effectively execute on company strategy
- Help lead critical business meetings (QBRs, leadership, and all hands meetings)
- Provide business process, systems and tools support. Evaluate and select tools and platforms for optimization and delivery of key business process and analytics
- Own and drive our Renewals Forecasting system of work
- Lead an operations team to support the effort (5-10 individuals)
- 10+ years relevant work experience with an Enterprise or SaaS software provider
- 5+ years experience in building and leading high performing services teams
- Demonstrated capability to influence and manage change with executives across functions
- Experience leading through and execute cross functional initiatives
- Proven ability to bring alignment, negotiate and influence stakeholders, to drive projects to completion
- Exceptional communications skills, with the ability to communicate and present effectively to C-level executives and field teams in both one-on-one and group settings
- Proven experience designing processes that scale
- Previous hands on technical application performance management experience in customer facing roles across Services, A&C, or other go-to-market functions
- Deep understanding of the services, customer success and recurring revenue business models
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a high-growth, dynamic environment
- Deep analytic skills, the ability to home in on key data, derive and communicate insights
- Experience in Application Performance Technology services is a plus
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business, Computer Science, or associated fields
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other SaaS CRM systems
- Relevant work experience with a professional IT services company or SaaS software provider in Operations, or go-to-market role is preferred. Understanding of SaaS go-to-market models, business metrics and growth best practices is a plus.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.