Sr. Architect/VP, Infrastructure Platform
Do you enjoy creating and driving a vision across multiple teams? Do you crave discussions about complex distributed systems? Do you love data? We are looking for a senior technology leader with deep domain expertise in distributed architectures running in hybrid and multi-cloud ecosystems at scale. This person will help set the platform's technical direction by leading New Relic’s multi-cloud vision, strategy, architecture, and implementation of multi-cloud solutions, global expansion, and EDGE computing services around the world for our telemetry data platform. This is a VP-level position.
What You’ll Do
- Lead our cloud migration, working across hosting and data platform teams and customer facing product teams.
- Collaborate with executives and engineers to build and drive a technical vision for our platform.
- Establish and promote clear architectural standards.
- Help teams choose the right tools for the job at hand and utilize the chosen technologies efficiently.
- Make decisions by balancing contending priorities across the business and platform groups.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate: Architects serve as the connective tissue between teams and organizations for all technical matters.
What your playground will look like:
- A constantly evolving architecture, with hundreds of containerized services across multiple agile teams.
- A hybrid datacenter / cloud environment ingesting 3 billion data points per minute, 150 petabytes of data per month, and accepting over 70 billion HTTP requests a day from our customers.
- Java, Kafka, Istio, Kubernetes, MySQL, Go and that’s just the beginning of the technologies in our stack.
If you are ready for this job, you have spent years building and supporting large distributed systems in data centers and the cloud. You know how to design and ship software, while also detailing it for others to understand. You keep up on tech trends and learn quickly. You enjoy technical debates while also promoting psychological safety and inclusivity.
- Experience and enjoyment driving large initiatives across multiple organizations.
- A curiosity and passion for solving sophisticated problems within a distributed system.
- Ability to collaborate and impact decisions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 10+ years of technical leadership, helping engineering teams thrive.
- Ability to set ambitious goals and the drive to accomplish them.
- Multi-cloud experience (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with one of these languages: Go, Node, Python, Java, or Ruby
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.