Principal Product Manager - Telemetry Platform
This position sits in our beautiful Portland, Oregon office and relocation assistance may be provided.
We're looking for a top-tier leader with a background in Product Management, DevOps/Ops, or Development who cares deeply about elegantly solving the observability challenges faced by modern developers and operators.
With over 2 billion data points every minute, we run one of the largest SaaS data collection and analytics platforms in the world. As a (Sr. or Principal) Field PM on the Telemetry Platform, you'll be working closely with the customer to both share our vision and understand their observability challenges. You’ll use this intimate knowledge of the challenges our customers face to help shape our roadmap and strategy and to provide necessary context to our teams.
At New Relic, you will be a core leader in the team, responsible for driving product strategy and vision, maintaining strong relationships with customers and our partner ecosystem, working with Engineering to deliver breakthrough products, and growing the business in partnership with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams.
In a typical day, you might talk to a user or buyer about their challenges, the VP of Engineering about cost optimization, a Product Marketing Manager on the story we share with the market, another Product Manager about a feature request and whiteboard a design with a Designer or Software Architect. As face-time with customers is encouraged to be a key component of this position, we anticipate it will include 20-25% travel.
Sound like fun? Great! We’re looking for an experienced leader who’s worked to successfully deliver features at scale. You know how to work with the field, engineers, and executives, and have a good sense of when to capture more data and when to make a decision and move forward. If you haven’t been a Product Manager, maybe you’ve had similar responsibilities as an engineering leader or in another role.
What You’ll Do
- You will be a key contributor to the product strategy for New Relic's Telemetry Platform
- You will serve as a spokesperson for the business
- You will build relationships with New Relic Account teams and Field teams in order to provide field and customer input into product decision-making processes
- You will look beyond just customer asks to identify their core challenges
- You will partner with user research to define market problems and opportunities and promote customer personas, user stories, and business cases
- You will communicate a clear set of business priorities and customer imperatives at all times
- You will establish business metrics and key customer/market research questions
- You will maintain an active view of key competitors and their anticipated next moves
- You will collaborate with Sales Management, Marketing, Finance, and other meaningful teams
- You will meticulously think through every aspect of the overall customer experience
- Experience handling software products or leading product development efforts in a similar capacity; bonus if those were monitoring or technical products
- Good executive presence, ability to control narrative in a room with CIOs or CTOs
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead via influence, patience and determination
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills, including data analysis
- Experience working on or leading enterprise/business-to-business products
- Background in SaaS and cloud-based software
- Experience working in medium-to-large software companies
- Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Nice to have: BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Or equivalent industry experience
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.