What You’ll Do
The Group Vice President, Global Channels and Alliances, reporting directly to the EVP of Worldwide Sales is responsible for indirect go-to-market strategy, operations, and sales revenue globally and across geographic regions. All partner-based routes to market are in scope, including Cloud Providers, MSP’s and Consultancies. Additionally, this person will work in concert with the Chief Strategy Officer to identify product, market, or industry gaps and/or opportunities that can be filled through technology integration via a robust ISV ecosystem.
The GVP will drive strategy and execution of programs to grow the partner network and is responsible for the programs and revenue across all partners. The GVP is expected to lead the global partner team, and collaborate with the sales team, marketing team, services team, and partner training/enablement team to build a fully integrated partner strategy and ecosystem. This role is an executive-level general management role that is a high-impact, quota-carrying sales management position that plays an integral role in the success of the overall field team and the long-term growth objectives of the company. Finally, this role will be the face of “partners” to the industry, and expected to be an inspiring leader and highly visible via events, social media, and industry partner forums.
Open to location across the US.
What You’ll Do
- Expand the percentage of New Relic revenue that is sold through and sold with partners.
- Own strategy for expanding partnerships with cloud providers largely related to the usage of New Relic in customer adoption of cloud, modernizing applications, and accelerating digital transformation.
- Build structured business plans with New Relics most strategic partners
- Develop and expand the New Relic Partner Network including solutions providers, systems integrators, consultants, MSPs, digital agencies
- Partner with product organization to enhance technology partners and integrations building on or building with the New Relic platform
- Lead cross-functional efforts across sales, marketing, operations, finance, and product organizations to expand strategic partnership opportunities
- Ensure partnerships are part of the account planning for our go-to-market plans for sales teams worldwide
- As a member of senior sales leadership teams develop a multi-channel sales organization responsible for driving sales hygiene; forecasting, inspection, and meeting revenue target
- Excel as a leader of our sales organization to develop alliances and channels team to make an increasing impact on the company and the industry
- Represent New Relic in any and all partner-facing events; media, social outlets, speaking engagements, and trade-shows
- 15+ years of experience in sales, partner sales, alliances management, and strategic partnerships in a highly competitive market with a strong preference for experience with a SaaS company engaged in the leading cloud ecosystems
- 10+ years managing high performing sales and partnership teams
- Experienced at developing licensing and embedded product relationships with global software vendors
- Critical problem-solving and analytical skills
- Impeccable business judgment
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, with the ability to be personable yet persistent
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or related discipline. Advanced degree preferred
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity, and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.