Director, Benefits & Compliance
Director, Benefits & Compliance
San Francisco, California
You are a talented HR professional with a passion for innovative benefits and you are ready for the next step in your career. You are looking for a company that is successful, with an exceptional HR team, and a place where you can make a difference.
New Relic is looking for a Director, Benefits & Compliance to support its rapidly growing, global population. This role will be a key contributor in the development and implementation of New Relic’s benefits strategies and manager of a small team. The successful candidate will have a track record of providing both strategic and tactical support for total rewards. The right candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment with a bias for action. They are able to build high-trust partnerships with management and employees, is energetic, detail oriented, analytical, and self-starting. This is a full-time regular position and is located in our amazing San Francisco office!
What You'll Do
- Partner with Global Benefits Brokers/Consultants and vendor partners to ensure benefits are designed competitively and delivered efficiently and effectively with impeccable service
- Ensure that all Time Off and Leave Programs around the world are managed in compliance with local, state/provincial, and national laws
- Oversee project management of all global renewals, proactively manage timeline risks
- Develop and administer innovative global benefits strategies and programs
- Direct, guide, and develop staff
- Manage new country setup from both a benefits and compliance standpoint
- Manage global policies, employee handbooks, leave policy framework and review/align best practice development
- Participate in the company acquisition team - from due diligence to onboarding and integration
- Ensure exceptional customer service and that benefits are communicated in a meaningful and relevant manner that engages and educates employees and their families, helping them understand how to efficiently use their benefits and the value they provide
- Develop global wellness campaigns and all benefits related communication campaigns
- Keep current on market trends, business challenges, and priorities by gathering competitive market data and networking with industry peers
- 7+ years of overall HR experience with 5+ years of experience focused on domestic and international benefits design and management
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong collaborative relationships/partnerships within the company (e.g. business leaders, HRBPs and COEs, Finance, Payroll, IT, Internal Audit) and with external vendor partners.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, engineering-oriented culture
- Strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion
- Extremely detail oriented and customer service focused
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing strategies
- Experience developing global benefits programs and related training and communications
- Solid project management, organizational, and analytical skills
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- People management experience
- A Bachelor's degree in business, HR, or a related field
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.