Java Technical Support Engineer
As a New Relic Support Engineer, you'll know more about our products than any other function and feel a sense of pride and happiness helping customers through their never-seen-before technical issues. We are serious about keeping our skills sharp, so we can provide extraordinary assistance in a constantly evolving technical landscape. We emphasize training, knowledge and customer empathy — your learning opportunities will never end!
You'll collaborate with other Support Engineers to creatively and passionately solve customer problems, while honing your technical skills. Your insight and creativity will be vital to help identify recurring or systemic problems and suggest ways we might address them.
What You’ll Do
- Work across teams to solve complex technical customer problems.
- Support New Relic customers by solving various installation, configuration, and data exploration requests.
- Connect with our software engineering teams to resolve raised customer issues.
- Advocate for our customers to our Product Organization by providing feedback on feature requests and bugs that could improve the customer experience of the New Relic platform.
- Level up your skill set through additional trainings and exposure to other programming languages to help you support a broader range of customers and products.
- You have 1-2 years experience delighting customers
- You are knowledgeable in the Java programming language and networking essentials
- You can demonstrate authoritative troubleshooting skills and can get creative when the answer is not obvious
- You exhibit a high level of empathy -- even with customers who are having a bad day
- You are able to collaborate across teams and departments to solve problems
- You would be willing to work a flexible schedule, specifically either Tuesday - Saturday, OR Sunday - Thursday
- Experience in a DevOps environment or as a Support Engineer at Enterprise or SaaS companies
- An understanding of Linux-based web hosting and Linux environments
- Experience programming in, or supporting customers in, any of the following languages/frameworks: .NET, PHP, Ruby, Python, Node, GO
- Experience working with New Relic's platform, Logstash, Elastic, AWS Lambda, or Azure Functions
- AWS or Azure Cloud Certification
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.