Senior Product Operations Manager, Product Strategy & Operations
New Relic is looking for a talented operations dynamo to inspire change and play a pivotal role in the refinement and execution of our business. You will work closely with leaders to establish process and communications to ensure that the correct structure, process, support and communication are in place so that our leaders deliver on company goals.
You are an eager learner, intellectually curious, with a passion for the software industry (especially SaaS, enterprise software). You are a strategic thinker, who is comfortable presenting and influencing at the executive level. You are a good listener who connects the dots and helps form solutions that meet the needs of the business. You are a great communicator who can anticipate the perspectives and concerns of a variety of audiences.
What You’ll Do
- Drive programs and processes to help scale and grow the organization including New Relic company-wide initiatives.
- Work with leaders on change management and communication rollouts ensuring that all team members have the information they need to be successful.
- Establish the right amount of process to drive efficiency, alignment, and continuity in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Ensure business solutions and systems are flexible and scalable to meet the demands of the business
- Raise visibility, identify key risks, surface issues, track changes, drive tradeoff decisions, and create mitigation plans to ensure that leadership is aware and aligned.
- Partner with cross-organizational teams on initiatives to maximize alignment, drive collaboration, and facilitate communication.
- Represent product business requirements in key cross-departmental projects and initiatives.
- Craft presentations and status reports that provide the context, narrative, data, transparency, and calls to action around the team’s strategy and deliverables
- Contribute to quarterly business reviews and OKR measurement process.
- 5+ years relevant work experience preferably with a professional IT services company or SaaS software provider
- 5+ years of successfully leading and delivering business initiatives in cross-functional work environments.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- The ability to bring alignment, negotiate, influence, and drive projects to completion
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively to executives, management, and teams in both one-on-one and group settings
- Strong ability to align business strategy with business process. Experience driving initiatives to refine and improve business processes.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a high-growth, dynamic environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (MBA a plus)
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.