Senior Director, Events & Experiences
The New Relic Senior Director, Events and Experiences is responsible for driving the strategy and handling and overseeing a diverse portfolio of global internal and external events, ranging from trade shows, to campaign events, to large-scale conferences and major internal kick-off events. This meaningful role will lead a team of exceptional events leaders and be focused on delivering unique and memorable experiences, where New Relic shines as an exhibitor at industry-leading events that attendees feel are a must-attend each year. This person will display deep industry awareness of New Relic and our Observability Platform. Attendees will walk away with a deep understanding of all New Relic offers, understand New Relic’s products at greater depths and make lasting community connections. New Relic is looking for this leader to bring fresh and creative ideas, lead a team in delivering global unique events and bring a data-driven attitude around continuous improvement. This position will report directly to our SVP Communications and Brand Marketing.
What You’ll Do
- Convey a deep understanding of B2B technology events combined with charismatic storytelling, and will focus on raising the bar and delivering extraordinary experiences for attendees.
- Take full ownership of the events program end-to-end, including overall project management and execution, goal setting, experiential, main stage content, identifying partners/vendors, communications, analysis, and reporting.
- Partnering across the company from Marketing, to the Executives, to the Product team and beyond to collaborate with partners to innovate, design and deliver impactful events that thrill and delight attendees.
- Oversee the development of New Relic’s global event strategy and portfolio, ensuring it aligns to business objectives and improves the efficiency and impact of events.
- Passionate for the experience, specifically the content that is delivered at our internal and external events. This Senior Director will be focused on both the main stage messaging and keynote experience, all the way through breakout sessions and the expo center.
- Have a keen eye for finance and budgets to ensure we deliver on time and on budget amazing events.
- Lead the events team, ensuring team leaders are empowered and resourced to lead and execute events
- Work to build an outstanding group and provide mentorship for the team’s professional development and performance management.
- Bring in the right events vendors to support everything from registration, through logistics and production to ensure all internal and external partners know what the events plan is all the way through the post mortem for the event.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in the event space is required.
- Proven leadership experience in operations leadership and program management (event theme/messaging, content strategy, speaker support, video, web/social media, mobile apps, live demo, etc.)
- Deep experience managing internal teams and external vendors, with a specific focus on executing programs to precise timelines and budgets.
- Experience in sourcing and leading all aspects of live events (both conferences and tradeshows) including: AV, registration, graphics, event flow, creative, food and beverage, transportation, parties/evening events, venue management, expo and exhibit production, and sourcing and managing both US and international vendors.
- Ensure daily collaboration with a wide range of functions at headquarters and in all regions to drive consistency of brand, message and experience.
- Previous experience with, budget management of $10M+
- You are a great teammate that can work up and down the organization.
- He/she will be an execution-oriented leader and a “disruptive” thinker, who challenges others to think differently and innovate in service to the brand.
- The right candidate will have a passion, a firm grasp of the trends in the events industry, specifically in the B2B software environment.
- Willingness to travel within the U.S. and internationally 25% plus.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.