Senior Procurement Specialist - Remote
New Relic's Vendor Management Office (VMO) seeks a Senior Procurement Specialist who is an outgoing and enthusiastic sourcing and contracting professional comfortable with a variety of categories!
In addition to our Atlanta office, we are open to remote candidates in locations where New Relic can do business. We prefer candidates who can work West Coast hours from a home office and have >1 year of success working remotely with a distributed team!
What You’ll Do
- Analyze projects and purchase requisitions for accuracy;
- Execute the process to draft/edit/prepare contracts for legal with vendors including MSA, SOW, Amendments, PS, SaaS, Software Licenses, and Cloud Subscriptions;
- Acquire quotes, order forms, and statements of work, negotiating price where applicable;
- Analyze and evaluate competitive bids to ensure optimal terms and conditions;
- Work effectively with vendors to manage day-to-day interaction with business partners, finance, legal, accounts payable, and senior management;
- Collaborate throughout the organization to ensure the purchasing process is streamlined, turn-around times optimized, and level of service best in class;
- Provide input/implementation around continuous improvement, as well as present formal corporate purchasing training to both individuals and large groups;
- Build and cultivate partnered relationships with stakeholders from IT, Engineering, Marketing, Sales Operations, Customer Support, Real Estate Workplace, and HR;
- Perform data/spend analysis and build department reporting;
- Coordinate and manage RFP process, as well as strategic vendor/supplier Business Review process as assigned.
- 5+ years full-time experience in corporate purchasing and procurement
- 3-5 years demonstrated ability with ERP systems;
- Advanced level of MS Office;
- 3-5 years sourcing IT, technology, professional services, and marketing-related categories;
- 3-5 years in Contract Management framework, hierarchy, standard terms and conditions, pricing models, and the fundamentals of contracting;
- High degree of organizational, administrative, analytical and negotiating skills to proactively handle Contracting and PO process, as well as gain the confidence of internal partners across the business;
- Good sense of humor with ability to handle stressful situations when working under time constraints.
- BA/BS in business administration, supply chain management, or related field and/or advanced degree advantageous;
- Legal experience;
- Oracle, SAP, Coupa, Ariba, DocuSign, and JIRA;
- Business Intelligence tools, such as Tableau, sIsense, looker, qik.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.