If you have that special mix of DNA that makes an extraordinary Solution Consultant – the blend of great business savvy and technical prowess – then we are a match made in heaven!
You will be the Technical lead for New Relic customers and prospects and own the technical strategic direction in the account by:
- Delivering presentations/workshops/demos – both onsite and remote – in order to align with customer initiatives and business challenges, and get customer buy-in and support for the proposed strategic/technical solution.
- Based on discovery, develop, recommend and execute Technical Proofs that align with customer business initiatives and solve customer problems while delivering a differentiated value proposition.
This role will focus on partnering with the Sales Account Executives to generate new revenue by taking technical ownership of the opportunity pursuits throughout the sales cycle for prospects and expansion into new groups for existing customers.
The Solutions Consultant must possess a winning combination of business and technical skills, the ability to present and demonstrate our solutions to a broad spectrum of audiences from IT to business, and be able to build strong relationships and handle technical objections and issues throughout the sales cycle. Ultimately, the Solutions Consultants needs to be a trusted advisor both to internal partners as well as to our technical customers and C-Level Executives alike.
What You'll Do
- Develop deep expertise of New Relic products and services
- Create compelling demonstrations, presentations and business value documents
- Identify and resolve critical business/technical issues
- Take technical ownership of the entire customer lifecycle
- Assist the AE with qualification and discovery steps in sales cycle, and successfully manage proof-of- concept and pilot engagements
- Assist customer with planning implementation of technical solution and remove technical blockers
- Accelerate onboarding
- 8+ years in pre-sales experience and/or in similar customer facing technical roles
- Experience with a couple of the these: monitoring and observability, cloud, DevOps, CI/CD, AIOps, logging, data analytics and visualisation
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Understanding of value based selling in customer facing roles
- Strong balance of sales, business and technical skills
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.