Senior Legal Counsel
New Relic is looking for an experienced attorney to partner with our whip-smart, collaborative legal team and primarily focus on handling commercial transactions with our customers in the Asia-Pacific-Japan region (APJ). As the first member of New Relic’s APJ legal team, your role will encompass a wide range of legal matters, especially contract review and negotiation. If you love working with sales teams and have a background as a transactional lawyer with contract experience in the SaaS Software industry, read on!
In this role, you will work on a globally dispersed legal team to support New Relic's commercial activities by structuring, negotiating, and closing contracts. As a remote team member, we'll need you to have excellent communication skills to interact with both internal departments and external business clients while addressing complex issues in an accurate, clear, and thorough manner. This role is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
What You'll Do
- You’ll be the central point of contact for legal support in New Relic’s APJ business
- You’ll negotiate SaaS contracts and other commercial agreements
- You will support and coach sales teams on deal structure and contract negotiations
- You’ll be the central point of contact for any new and updated agreements
- You’ll serve as a trusted advisor and business partner across the company by providing counsel and guidance for accomplishing New Relic's overall business objectives
- Qualified to practice law with 7 + years of professional experience and significant in-house experience
- Experience managing international deals and working across cultures
- Practical experience in SaaS licensing negotiations with a solid knowledge of commercial and contract law and revenue recognition principles
- Fluent written and verbal English language skills required, other language fluency is highly desirable
- Comfort with handling topics such as privacy and data protection in the commercial contract context
- A passion for closing deals
- Ability to work on your own and prioritize multiple, often competing deliverables while managing expectations and meeting deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate effectively and gain trust and confidence with personnel at many different levels
- Ability to work as a team member of the legal department in a scalable, autonomous and accountable manner, demonstrating flexibility across deal types and time zones
- A collaborative, upbeat work ethic where you can take ownership and have some fun
If you’re ready for your next challenge and can’t wait to work for a company that is on a winning trajectory, you won’t want to miss this opportunity! Click on the link to apply and see for yourself!
At New Relic, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions, and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment that you want to be a part of. What does this look like in action? You should be ready to be a “culture add” to New Relic and spend ~5% of your time finding meaningful ways to make this an even better place to work.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.