San Francisco, California
As a Senior Accountant, you will handle our revenue-related general ledger, revenue recognition, close processes, financial reporting duties, and revenue operations.
As a great fit, you have an attention to detail and work effectively under time constraints. You also possess a solid understanding of GAAP and are comfortable adapting to changing environments, goals, and priorities. We appreciate your curiosity as you seek new ways to grow in knowledge and increase efficiencies.
The position will report directly to our Senior Manager of Revenue Ops.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations, accurate reporting, and data verification
- Handle revenue/third party expense schedules
- Support timely financial close, including assigned journal entries
- Balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of operational accounts
- Assist with financial and SOX audits
- Participate in streamlining and process improvement projects
- Collaborate with management to complete special projects, ad-hoc requests, and other assigned tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3+ years of full-cycle accounting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, specifically ASC 606
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize efficiently with minimal daily management
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- CPA license
- Experience working in a publicly-traded, high-tech, high growth company
- Big 4 experience
- SAAS industry experience
- Familiarity with Netsuite and SalesForce
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.