Senior Director, Public Relations
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Communications and PR leader to join our Corporate Marketing team. Reporting to the SVP of Corporate Marketing, Brand and Communications, you will lead an internal team and global agencies in bringing the New Relic brand to life through strategic storytelling, media and public relations, executive communications, thought leadership and reputation management.
You are a strategist who sees the big picture, and takes a creative and innovative approach to solve problems! On a day-to-day basis, you’ll lead, mentor and develop the in-house and agency teams to achieve company, department, team and individual goals. You will be responsible for global strategic communications programs to advance New Relic’s reputation as a market leader, innovator and best place to work. You will harness your extensive experience combined with your deep relationships with business, technology, financial and trade media to enable the team to capture the hearts and minds of journalists and reporters.
Your strategic guidance and leadership will encourage the media to positively cover New Relic company news, our platform and product innovation, and our customers’ success in taking a data-focused approach to planning, building, deploying and running great software! The role works closely with executives and other spokespeople on storytelling and thought leadership. It requires the ability to translate highly technical topics and executive visions into easily understood, outstanding and memorable pitches, stories, bylines and presentations that are interesting, important and timely to the audience.
What You’ll Do
- Lead all aspects of corporate communications and PR programs that advance the company’s corporate narrative, market leadership and industry-leading innovation.
- Lead, mentor and strengthen a team of communications professionals and agencies to measurable success.
- Oversee regional corporate communications and PR programs, align budgets, and drive global agencies toward strategic priorities, programs and results.
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with our target media and influencers, especially business, technology and financial press.
- Ensure that the team coordinates integrated communications programs that use multi-channel delivery to engage audiences where they are.
- Partner with key company executives and collaborators (e.g., internal comms, analyst relations, social, international marketing, product marketing, customer marketing, content marketing, talent acquisition, etc.) to drive creative storytelling and compelling executive platforms.
- Oversee media training for spokespeople across the company to build thought provoking points of view that advance our narrative, and increase our relevance to core audiences.
- Own measurement, reporting and continuous improvement of communications and PR programs, including the team dashboard, to positively impact brand awareness, Share of Voice, and other measures.
- Create and edit content for executive communications and thought leadership, including narratives, messaging, briefing docs, scripts, talking points, press releases, blog posts, bylines and more.
- Ensure successful company message pull through by owning spokesperson messaging docs, top-tier media pitch angles, and related documents.
- Oversee world-class reputation management and crisis communications programs and responses.
- Promote a diverse and inclusive culture.
- 15+ years in Corporate Communications and/or Public Relations supporting leading enterprise software brands, preferably targeting engineers and developers.
- 7+ years of team leadership experience.
- Experience driving strategic PR programs that deliver results, preferably both in-house and within an agency.
- Strong writer and editor, with experience translating complex, sophisticated and technical concepts into compelling stories that resonate with the audience.
- Established relationships with key media contacts and influencers who cover enterprise software.
- Experience managing external global PR agencies to deliver results within budget.
- Experience forging trusted relationships with internal and external parties to uncover unique stories. Consistent track record of working with C-level executives, as well as leaders across multiple teams including, Growth, Marketing, Business Development, Finance, Investor Relations and HR.
- Bachelor's degree required.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.