Product Manager - Workloads
We are in search of a Product Manager to lead one of the more most emerging capabilities Workloads. Workloads provide customer's teams with an isolated view and easy access to their business metrics, system data and health. The integrations to the most common enterprise software development lifecycle. Apps such as Jira, GitHub, PagerDuty, and Slack, help our over 17,000 customers every day.
On a typical day, an individual might talk to an engineer about an idea for performance improvements, a customer about a new use case and whiteboard a design with a user interface designer.
Looking for a person who’s worked to successfully deliver features at scale. Know how to work with engineers, designers and executives. Have a good sense of when to capture more data and when to make a decision and move forward!
What You’ll Do
- Product Strategy: Drive it for Workloads capabilities, told by customer and market insights, ambitious pressures, technical capability, and internal assets.
- Internal leadership: Use that product strategy to straighten, energize, and lead not only engineering and UX but also partners and cross-functional teams. Communicate a clear set of business priorities and customer imperatives and actively work with the extended team to drive key trade-off decisions. Lead internal and external product promotion, customer education and support, and sales strategies.
- Planning: In collaboration with Engineering, define a detailed, rolling 4-quarter product roadmap and drive the alignment of key releases to deliver on the roadmap. Adjust the roadmap as needed based on metrics, market forces, and changes in execution resources. Lead the business during the full product lifecycle – from requirements definition to delivery, to end of life. Collaborating with other teams across the company, including Engineering, Design, Support, and Marketing and Sales counterparts.
- Customer interactions: Proactively take initiative to prospects and customers to learn more about the problems they are trying to solve, build good relationships, and leadership product direction.
- Metrics and research: Establish business metrics and key customer/market research questions to gather key customer insights. Let them know about the optimization or new product development. Maintain an active view of key competitors and their anticipated next moves.
- Positioning: Highlight the distinct proficiencies and propose messaging on product positioning. Stay up-to-date on playing strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Deeply engage other parts of the team in this process.
- User Experience: Meticulously think through every aspect of the overall customer experience, putting users' needs first in the definition of requirements. Continuously seek improvements to the customer experience working with the UX and Engineering team to better drive the business.
- Product Hero: Serve as a key spokesperson for the business, delivering clear, compelling communications up and across New Relic. Also outside the company to position product for success and garner any support required to successfully accomplish the business. Actively support Go to Market and ongoing marketing activities.
- Software product management experience with leading broad, cross-team
- Knowledge on design-intensive or data-visualization products, such as dashboards, reporting or business intelligence products or features
- Experience working in medium-to-large software companies with strong interpersonal skills, lead via leadership and determination
- Experience working on or managing enterprise/business-to-business products
- Confident speaker, with the easiness to communicate to different audiences both verbally and in writing in English with analytical/problem-solving skills
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic currently has offices in Germany, Ireland, Spain, and the United Kingdom, and based on business needs may approve work in Belgium, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, UAE, and other locations throughout the region. Some of our opportunities are limited to specific hiring locations. Talk with your recruiter about your goals and how we can work with you in our Flex First approach!
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.