Senior Product Manager - Application Data Collection (open to remote)
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this role.
Are you passionate about developer happiness? Do you want to give New Relic customers unprecedented transparency into how their services are performing? Do you enjoy engaging in open source communities and open standards?
New Relic APM helps our customers to improve their applications and services by giving them deep insight into the health of their systems. We are looking for an experienced, customer-facing product manager to lead the strategy for the open source integration products that serve the PHP, Go, and C/C++ developer communities.
New Relic’s integrations run inside customers’ services, which means we have a continual focus on reliability, efficiency, and stability. At the same time, we strive to provide customers with complete control and customization of what and how they monitor their services.
We seek product managers who have strong opinions, loosely held, and have a constant thirst to learn. In the Instrumentation group, you will work closely with and learn from your peers that are responsible for other programming language communities.
You will be a core leader on the team responsible for driving product strategy and vision, relations with customers and our partner ecosystem, working with Engineering to deliver breakthrough products, and growing the business in partnership with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams. To connect well across these different functions and distributed teams, and to meet with customers in the future, a few days of monthly travel will be expected.
What You’ll Do
- Define a product strategy for PHP, Go, and C/C++ developers informed by customer and market insights, competitive landscape, internal competences and assets, and company direction. Collaborate with Sales Management, Marketing, Finance, and other relevant teams to piece together the market context and key drivers that feed the revenue forecast, longer-term outlook, and total addressable market. Define how to make New Relic’s offering complete, compelling, and extendable.
- Build and maintain a rolling 12-month roadmap of features, fixes, and improvements.
- Work with customers and account teams around the world to learn more about the problems they are trying to resolve, build good relationships, and inform product direction.
- Work with engineers and their manager to provide business context, clear guidance, and success criteria that will delight our customers.
- Engage with open source communities, including OpenTelemetry, so that New Relic customers benefit from shared standards and open software.
- 4+ years as a product manager
- Customer-facing product management experience at a company delivering software products deployed on premises
- Key decision-maker for a product, with decisions based on cultivation of data from a variety of sources, both internal and external
- Communication of decisions that influence executive-level strategy
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills, including data analysis
- Document deployment options in a way that is easy to understand and flexible to customers' needs
- Ability to move easily between the longer-term goals and the day-to-day engagement (with Engineering, Sales, Marketing, etc.) vital to keep teams focused on what has the greatest impact right now
- Collaboration and coordination with other product managers in the organization to build on ideas and knowledge
- Experience working in open source
- Experience as an SRE, software developer, technical project manager, or other role involving technology
- Product management certification
Our Office or Your Office
You may work in one of Our U.S. offices or work from your home office in the U.S., on our core Pacific Timezone hours. Our global headquarters for research and development is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in the thriving tech community of the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy multi-modal commute access and a plethora of good eats and exceptional coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.