VP/Field Chief Technology Officer, Americas
VP/Field Chief Technology Officer, Americas
San Francisco, California
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the VP/Field CTO Americas is a key part of the communications and customer acquisition efforts. This person will act as a spokesperson for New Relic in the market overall, and a member of the cross-functional business development team that our sales leaders rely on to build relationships with target accounts to create long-term, fast-growing customer engagements. To succeed in this role, you will need a creative and entrepreneurial approach, matched with a deep experience base as a technology and business leader in growth companies and public enterprise leaders.
As a key member of the marketing leadership team, you will be the face and voice of New Relic to executives leading digital transformation initiatives. You will be the go-to person for telling our story to the market - on stage at events, during industry-wide webcasts and in conference rooms at the largest companies.
As an experienced leader on the customer side, you will be critical to validating our approach to solutions strategy, product strategy, and business value models, acting as a consultant to our solutions marketing, product marketing, and technical sales teams. You will also be a key asset in the account based marketing process, helping develop effective account-specific executive connection strategies.
The successful candidate is an engaging communicator, passionate about technology, and loves interacting with clients and prospects. The role of VP/Field CTO is a geographically-oriented and customer-facing role aligned to work with our most strategic or enterprise customers and prospects on their IT transformations and enterprise business architecture. Working alongside our sales and pre-sales team, the Field CTO will effectively realize strategic sales opportunities with account teams by enabling customers to translate their business strategy into a technology vision and roadmap to deliver on their business outcomes.
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Sales leadership for “meetings that move the needle” with senior leaders in key accounts
- Build a community of passionate technology leaders, who want to share their best practices in transforming their teams and their companies
- Identify opportunities to bring content and perspective to senior executives in our target market
- Leverage social networks, blog and video platforms, and highly scalable marketing technologies to get the word out
- Publish blog posts and tutorials that highlight best practices and offer a fresh perspective
- Attend and speak at meetups and conferences, serving as an evangelist, coach, cheerleader, and teammate to budding and veteran users
- Champion our users’ needs internally by providing invaluable feedback to the product and engineering teams
- Deliver compelling presentations on solutions, trends data, and thought leadership topics
- Position New Relic as a technical thought leader, both online and offline
- Manage a globally distributed team of other CTOs with similar remits
- 10+ years of leading and managing technology organizations, preferably at C-level
- Experience as a leader at Fortune/Global 2000
- Prior work leading initiatives in transformation (Cloud migration, DevOps or Agile)
- Strong comfort level in developing corporate technology strategy and owning budget decision making in scaled environments
- Track record of achievement in high-growth environments with an aggressive acquisition and pipeline targets
- Ability to act as an industry thought leader in both customer meetings and public settings
- Aware of industry trends in order to gain a deeper product understanding
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 70%
- Outstanding ability to lead, motivate, and mentor others
- BS or BA Degree
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Experience in instrumentation (monitoring) of large complex systems
Please note, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. Our cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel welcome, where people can bring their whole selves to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with applicable law. For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.