Senior Technical Account Manager
As a Senior Technical Account Manager at New Relic, you can optimize your blend of technical knowledge, customer-facing abilities, and teamwork skills in a rewarding role! Working directly with Enterprise customers, you will partner multi-functional across the go to market organization and sales team to show the value of our Digital Intelligence Platform to prospects and customers. You will nurture New Relic’s strategic direction and vision, as well as promote and support new product directions on behalf of your customers.
You will be customer-obsessed to ensure our customers become lifelong proponents of the New Relic platform and will help achieve this with outstanding relationship-building skills, experience solving technical problems in real-time, and ultimately be a trusted advisor and solution architect!
What You’ll Do
- Support the Enterprise Sales team with opportunity qualification, demonstrations, Proof of Value presentations (POV), RFP responses, and business justification in a presales capacity.
- Lead all aspects of the adoption, optimization, and integration of New Relic’s products within customers’ business infrastructure
- Be a joint partner with Sales to identify revenue opportunities through the upsell of new services and contract renewals
- Voice support for new product features & provide customer feedback to New Relic product management and engineering groups
- Maintain a deep understanding of the customer’s business as well as their technical environment
- As this is a field-based role you will need to enjoy some travel, extensive travel opportunities for those that want to.
- 7+ years of pre-sales experience within the software industry
- 5+ years of demonstrated pre-sales experience working with enterprise customers
- Strong technical background and sales/customer orientation
- A desire to learn new technologies
- An interest in or previous experience of performance monitoring tools (infrastructure, application, web or mobile, user experience)
- Fluent in English
- Familiarity in one or more of the following development languages – Java, .Net, Ruby, C, Python, Node.js
- Exposure to and/or interest in cloud technologies: Kubernetes, containers, microservices, DevOps, CI/CD
- Background in mobile device platforms & architectures (IOS & Android)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent desirable
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. https://newrelic.com/blog/how-to-relic/future-of-work
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.