Lead Data Analyst/Scientist - Remote
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are excited to consider a remote analyst for this role! Remote team members will be expected to work out of their home office.
New Relic is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive SaaS-based observability platform built to create more perfect software. We are passionate about providing solutions and tools that help development and operations teams monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize the performance of their applications and infrastructure. And, we have a ton of fun doing amazing work!
We are searching for a Lead Data Analyst/Scientist who will support the Marketing organization and report to our Director of Marketing Analytics. In this role, you will be responsible for evaluating the impact of our demand generation and integrated campaigns, measuring end-to-end marketing funnel performance, producing dashboards to report on our important metrics, and performing data analyses to optimize marketing performance for business operation, planning and budgeting purposes!
We are building out a world-class marketing analytics team. This role will play an important role in spearheading and shaping how analytics will be used to grow and optimize our customer acquisition and monetization. You will work closely with our Marketing partners to connect tactics to results and recommend future activities. In addition, you will partner with the Product and Sales analytics teams to build and perform analyses that help drive future revenue.
As a growing technical SaaS company, we have complex and oftentimes unstructured problems. We are looking for someone who has strong technical skills and thinks creatively to find solutions. We are looking for a candidate who thrives on discovering how behavior can predict measurable actions and is passionate about how the latest trends in Marketing and technology can be used to build a next generation analytics function.
What You’ll Do
- Use multi-sourced data and marketing principles to create marketing dashboards, descriptive and predictive analyses, and data systems to optimize our marketing programs and objectives
- Define and implement end-to-end programs for metrics creation, data collection, database development, reporting, and data modeling
- Perform advanced analyses to understand and explain trends and drivers of key marketing metrics
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product, Marketing, and Sales to define problem statements, access and manipulate data, build analytical models, explain data-gathering requirements, deliver analytics insights, and make recommendations
- Define, compute, track, and continuously validate business metrics with descriptive and predictive analysis
- Identify and implement structured processes for data reporting and communication, and use analytical models to identify insights to drive key decisions across leadership and the organization
- Provide mentorship to other members of the team and the marketing organization on the best methodologies for design, implementation, and testing of analytics insights
- Use tools like R, Tableau, Python, and SQL to drive efficient analytics
- Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Management Science) or equivalent
- 7+ years of hands-on experience analyzing and interpreting data, building statistical models, drawing conclusions, defining recommended actions, and reporting results for different marketing partners
- 7+ years of experience with developing data visualizations with tools such as Tableau and with Analytics/Data Science tools such as R, Python, and SQL
- 3+ years of experience in marketing analytics/data science
- Experience using data driven models to drive business decisions
- Experience using data access tools and building visualizations using large datasets and multiple data sources
- Knowledge of statistics and data science (e.g. statistics basics, statistical modeling, experimental design, hypothesis testing, etc.)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and presenting data insights to all organizational levels
- Be a self-starter, flexible, and motivated by a knowledge for developing the best possible solutions to problems
- Advanced degree in the above analytical fields
- Familiarity with additional tools we use: ABM tools, Periscope, Snowflake, Data Bricks
- Experience in a high-growth digital B2B and B2C marketing environment
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.