Senior Software Engineer- Java/Kafka (Remote)
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic is looking for a remote senior full-stack engineer to join our billing team. As part of this team, you'll be helping to design, code, and, of course, monitor it all with New Relic!
This position is perfect for someone who loves to work with large amounts of data, working both in back-end services and occasionally the front end. It is particularly well suited for a growth-minded engineer who is excited to learn new technologies and practices in a business-critical part of the company. There will be an on-call rotation with a focus on sustainability, and, when issues arise, we will prioritize getting them fixed right away. We'll also be flexible about swapping weeks because we know life is what happens outside of work.
What You'll Work On
- Design, implement, observe and scale high visibility microservices that consume and annotate usage data from our customers
- Understand and advance the customer billing domain, with a particular focus on serving the needs of a wide array of internal partners
- Build user-friendly interfaces for customers and internal partners to view billing data and to handle customer account information
- Solve complex use cases requiring close collaboration with product design, management, and your tight-knit engineering team
What You'll Do
- Use agile practices to ship software incrementally with frequent customer feedback
- Take turns as “sprint lead” to ensure commitments are met
- Work closely with product management, technical support, and design teams to make sure the right features are built to help our customers understand and handle their digital business
- 4+ years of production-level experience in Java or another strong compiled language, and are interested in owning services that are diverse in domain and implementation
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment with confidence to get things done
- Ability to work independently to implement clean, consistent code solutions
- Flexibility in determining how to achieve the business goals without compromising technical quality
- Understand the importance of maintaining and supporting software in production
- 2+ years working with Kafka or another streaming tool
- React (or similar UI framework) experience
- Experience in Kotlin
- Experience working on high transparency projects
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most meaningful to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create a more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building an environment where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.