Senior Manager, A&C Operations
New Relic is looking for a hardworking operations dynamo to lead the Alliances & Channels Operation team in support of the Global Alliances & Channels Field Sales team and Partner Programs. This person will play a strategic and operational role in leading processes and developing robust insight to drive partner sales productivity. This role requires a candidate who is highly proactive and analytical with the ability to synthesize data and make sound business recommendations to the executive staff and implement solutions with the channel field personnel and channel partners. The right candidate must be a collaborative leader and problem-solver capable of working remotely and independently.
You will work with leaders across the company from field sales, marketing, product, and finance to design, implement, and own analytic business processes. Continually seeking ways to communicate insights, enhance the operations, and be a patron for the success of our partners and partner sales managers in the field.
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
The responsibilities of this role fall into 2 main categories: run the business and scale the business.
Run the Business includes:
- Be a trusted advisor and business partner to A&C business leaders
- Lead and run the A&C Operations team that are responsible for doing the day-to-day processes in support of the A&C field sales teams and Partner Programs
- Help facilitate and resolve day-to-day operational challenges and disputes
- Maintain relationships with system/tools vendors (like Impartner) and integrated process partners (like AWS)
- Drive the model for A&C to measure the effectiveness of partners and the partner sales team performance by establishing quantitative and qualitative metrics.
- Facilitate quarterly and annual planning processes and conduct regular business and metric reviews with the global A&C field sales teams
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration/communication by building and maintaining relationships with all operations team counterparts to share standard methodologies, ideas, and relevant knowledge.
- Serve as a partner/bridge between A&C management and other cross-functional teams (e.g. sales management, finance, deal desk, operations, product), driving engagement, and the use of repeatable processes to improve operational effectiveness.
- Educate and reinforce the application of new or updated key information, tasks, business processes, and tools.
- Create a team culture with a team brand of confidently leading and driving transformational and incremental change.
Scale the Business includes:
- Inspect A&C processes and gathering business requirements to develop a pipeline of improvement projects that focus on the most critical areas of the A&C business
- See opportunities to use technology to improve operational efficiency and evaluate new/existing tools and technologies.
- Build business cases for initiatives, make recommendations to business leaders/executives on prioritization of investment, and mitigation of risk and gain organizational agreement.
- Work with cross-functional teams (e.g. product, business applications administration, etc) to execute the process (re)design and implementation, including change management and enablement.
- Represent the Global Alliances & Channels organization's business requirements in key cross-departmental projects and initiatives..
- Direct and on-site engagement with your team.
- 5+ years experience in channel field operations, sales operations, business operations, operational management, operations consulting, or enablement
- Effective listening and communication skills across executive and mid-level management
- Strong consultative and partner management skills, including the ability to shape others, persistently drive the adoption of new capabilities, and bring new ways of thinking into the organization.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, meticulous and methodical, with the ability to translate sophisticated problems into meaningful solutions.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a results-oriented mentality.
- Self-driven, able to take initiative and ownership, and make independent decisions with mature judgment
- Commitment to continuously learn and adapt to new process and technologies in order to meet business needs and drive business value
- Able to provide coaching and mentorship to peers and other associates
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), executive presence, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Experience contributing at both tactical and strategic levels, with strong capabilities in business process methodology, business data analysis, and project management.
- Experience driving incremental and ground-breaking change as a leader and as a cross-functional team member in a fast-paced, often ambiguous, environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with AWS partner network processes, including AWS Marketplace transactions
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity, and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.