Senior Data Scientist - Applied Intelligence
At New Relic, we provide our customers with instant and deep insight into their application’s behavior and performance. With our SaaS-based application performance monitoring (APM) solution, we have our customer’s backs by transparently instrumenting their application and reporting issues, often before the customer knows that there is a problem.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Data Scientist to join our fast-growing Applied Intelligence Research team based in our Tel Aviv Office. The team is responsible for developing novel solutions that will change the industry standard of application and system monitoring. AIOps is an emerging field in the IT operations ecosystem that focuses on enhancing existing operations with AI technologies. By utilizing huge datasets and modern data analysis frameworks, we are crafting new ways to automatically monitor applications, improve our understanding of production incidents, and managing the collective knowledge base of SRE/DevOps teams.
You are a great teammate, willing to collaborate and communicate with others to solve problems, and you learn quickly. It also helps if you are tech-savvy with a real passion for solving difficult mathematical problems and new technological challenges
What You'll Do
- Build statistical and machine learning models to perform classification and present recommendations regarding customers’ incidents, alerts and metrics
- Leverage NLP to enable automatic analysis of customers unstructured textual data
- Perform time-series analysis on large and complex data sets using a proprietary data warehouse
- Work with Engineers, Product Managers, and Business Partners to frame problems within the business and product context
- Collaborate with Software Engineers and write production code to apply learning and statistical modelling
- Master of Science in statistics, operations research, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent theoretical background
- 4 years of professional experience as a data scientist in the industry
- Proficiency with Python, or another interpreted programming language, and experience with database languages (e.g. SQL)
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields
- Applied experience with NLP on large datasets
- Strong fundamental knowledge of regression, decision trees, pattern recognition, probability theory, and neural networks
- Experience with using time series analysis techniques for forecasting and analyzing time-series data at a large scale
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Opportunity to work from remote or in a hybrid model.
- Paid parental leave for new parents.
- 2 paid days per year to volunteer.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.