Principal Developer Advocate - Observability (U.S. Remote available)
Are you interested in helping shape the way engineers build, monitor, and optimize modern applications? Do you want to work with the newest technologies and frameworks used by fast-growing startups and large-scale enterprise engineering teams?
Over the past year, we’ve made major changes to New Relic to ensure that every engineer in the world has access to the best observability tooling—regardless of where they work.
With this in mind, we’re looking for a Principal Developer Advocate to join our growing product marketing team to level up observability practices across the global developer and ITOps community so that engineers can spend less time debugging and more time building the next generation of applications.
The ideal candidate loves diving deep within engineering communities and ecosystems—including language/frameworks, partner integrations, open source projects, and partner integrations—to drive better engineering practices and adoption of New Relic One.
Responsibilities include helping organizations tackle observability challenges by writing compelling technical articles, speaking directly with customers, creating relevant sample projects, submitting CFPs to speak at events and webinars, working with our integration partners to build workshops and courses, and more.
What You’ll Do
- Build, scale, and deliver technical demos, workshops, and engaging, interactive experiences to drive customer adoption, supporting marketing initiatives, and new product launches
- Write timely technical, developer-focused content for our blog, external publications, community, and more.
- Gain industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist, and keynote speaker at meetups, technology conferences, trade shows and press events.
- Actively participate in open source projects and build a strong voice in the open source community.
- Work closely with content, partner, product, DevRel, and other teams to create relevant content, events, and more to connect with our core audiences of developers and IT engineers.
- 8+ years of technical expertise in monitoring, cloud services, or other dev tooling solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer/Data Science, a related technical degree or equivalent work experience
- Developer or ITOps background with hands-on experience with at least one programming language/framework (Node, Python, and/or Java preferred)
- A confirmed learner with cursory experience coding/scripting in multiple programming languages
- Understanding of application/system monitoring, application development and/or testing and observability concepts (AWS or other cloud practitioner certification is a major plus)
- Experience developing and delivering compelling presentations, workshops, and content for engineers and technical audiences.
- Experience or desire to cover technical topics at conferences, meetups, and customer events.
- An ability to work within highly iterative or agile environments
- Rock-solid organizational and communication skills to work across multiple teams to deliver results.
- Ability to dive into technical user management details and build communications strategies for technical field and support teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.